Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
raulaisleen said:
hi guys, what is the average kilometer in 1 liter fuel consumption of 12V engine.
I drive an F6A 12v EFI engine. My ave. fuel consumption is 14km/Li.
(short distance driving)

For long distance driving (more than 100km), it will reach 16 - 18km/Li.

How about yours?

·
Registered
200 Posts
my f10a 1000cc engine roughly has 12-15 kms/L fuel consumption. it is so because i dont have an a/c unit working on my van.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine consumes about 8 kilometer per liter with AC on, plying through minimal traffic. My ride is a Suzuki Every 660cc engine with 12" rims using unleaded gasoline. Can someone suggest ways to make my minivan more fuel efficient? Ive read about bigger engine consumes less compared to my ride. I wonder what is the problem of my Every :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine consumes about 8 kilometer per liter with AC on, plying through minimal traffic. My ride is a Suzuki Every 660cc engine with 12" rims using unleaded gasoline. Can someone suggest ways to make my minivan more fuel efficient? Ive read about bigger engine consumes less compared to my ride. I wonder what is the problem of my Every
you're not alone roblie mine is also averaging only 8/1L, is there any shop here in cebu that are good in adjusting air and fuel in carburator or engine tune up as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry raulaisleen but Im from Rizal, a region near NCR. My mechanic changed the engine oil, oil filter, adjusted and cleaned my carb. Also we found out that my carry has no air filter installed. Suzuki Carry F6A engine air filter seems to be nowhere to be found so we resorted modifying the smallest filter we could buy. Then found out that one tubing for the idle up not properly installed, fixed. Hopefully everything is fixed up. I will update you later on how my carry consumes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drive an F6A 12v EFI engine. My ave. fuel consumption is 14km/Li.
(short distance driving)
BRUCE LI: sir how do you maintain your ride, you do it yourself? Do you have any known mechanics here in Cebu that are very good in handling our zukis, especially the engine side?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The three most common causes of poor fuel consuption are partially plugged air filter, choke staying closed due to malfunction or no thermostat, and incorrect ignition timing.

First, check your spark plugs, if they are black, pull the air cleaner hose off and see if your choke is staying closed. Prop it open and drive it, if this is the problem you will notice an immediate difference in how it runs.

Larry in Dumaguete

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Sir Larry for sharing your vast knowledge here for us who are not so familiar with our Every. Im beginning to familiarize myself to the various basic engine parts location so I can troubleshoot it myself just incase. Now Im curious about the location and how the choke of F6A engine looks like so I can check it myself. Contrary to what Ive posted earlier, my Every actually consumes more than the 8km/liter mark. It was actually 5-6 kilometers per liter, half the mileage of liter engine. I hope you help me again so as I can enjoy more of my minivan, free from nagging thoughts about bad gas mileage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Take off the large hose that goes from the carburator to the air cleaner. Look inside the carburator, there is a "butterfly" (a small flap or door) in the entrance to the carburator. It should be open when the engine is warm.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Maintaining your engine

raulaisleen said:
BRUCE LI: sir how do you maintain your ride, you do it yourself? Do you have any known mechanics here in Cebu that are very good in handling our zukis, especially the engine side?
From what part of Cebu are you sir? Maybe we can pursue our mini
EB in Ayala or SM Cebu so we can share experience & ideas.

Regarding your question, I myself has a problem maintaining it 'coz
it's EFI & as what I've mentioned in the other thread, only few
mechanics fully understand & are experienced in EFI engines.
But sir Larry has taught us the basic things, to change oil every
3000mi, change oil filter, fuel filter, etc.

Sorry, I don't have knowledge about carbs, and since this is my 1st
ride, I can't touch that part they call the "Engine Control Unit" or
in layman's term "computer box" sa Bisaya.

In my case, if the engine stalls & all the other possible causes are
checked & found ok, I have to buy a new ECU or computer box.
Actually it's not brand new already but it costs P6k here in Cebu.

Other ways to improve gas mileage:

1) Take out the unecessary weights in your vehicle (gal. of water,
unused cargoes, etc.)
2) Avoid unnecessary revolution.
3) Don't drive like a drag racer or F1 racer, speeding too much
& coming to a halt at the next intersection or traffic. In short,
accelerate at a slow, constant phase. If you see a stopping
vehicle in front of you, release your gas pedal slowly.
4) Plan your trips so it won't cost you the extra miles.

Have a good day!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live somewhere at the back of redemptorist church ( elizabeth pond ), hopefully we can have our EB, it's nice to hear comments/suggestions to our zukis.

Curiously I am not familiar with EFI, in fact i donot know if my carry has it. Really ignorance about all these things, but I am aware of the maintenance ( change oil , oil filter , fuel filter etc... ) only that I felt it's not normal, the timing is not there, heavy driven.

I once said to my self 'ingon ani jud tingali ni cya'...

·
Registered
29 Posts
BRUCE LI said:
From what part of Cebu are you sir? Maybe we can pursue our mini
EB in Ayala or SM Cebu so we can share experience & ideas.

Regarding your question, I myself has a problem maintaining it 'coz
it's EFI & as what I've mentioned in the other thread, only few
mechanics fully understand & are experienced in EFI engines.
But sir Larry has taught us the basic things, to change oil every
3000mi, change oil filter, fuel filter, etc.

Sorry, I don't have knowledge about carbs, and since this is my 1st
ride, I can't touch that part they call the "Engine Control Unit" or
in layman's term "computer box" sa Bisaya.

In my case, if the engine stalls & all the other possible causes are
checked & found ok, I have to buy a new ECU or computer box.
Actually it's not brand new already but it costs P6k here in Cebu.

Other ways to improve gas mileage:

1) Take out the unecessary weights in your vehicle (gal. of water,
unused cargoes, etc.)
2) Avoid unnecessary revolution.
3) Don't drive like a drag racer or F1 racer, speeding too much
& coming to a halt at the next intersection or traffic. In short,
accelerate at a slow, constant phase. If you see a stopping
vehicle in front of you, release your gas pedal slowly.
4) Plan your trips so it won't cost you the extra miles.

Have a good day!!!

Sir Bruce Li, have you ever experienced or heard a rattling sound in your engine when it reached 3000rpm and above? Mine does and its an EFI, when I reach 3000rpm and above it emits a rattling sound like this "takatakatakatak" but when I release the gas pedal it disappeasrs and when I step on it again it rattles again. I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is:( Can you help me? TIA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Without hearing it, it is impossible to diagnose. It could be something minor, or it could be valve adjustment or a bad camshaft, or worse, it could be a connecting rod. A valve or camshaft problem makes more of a rattling sound, compared to a rod which makes more of a knocking sound. There are hundreds of other possibilities.

Are you in Cebu?

Larry in Dumaguete

·
Registered
29 Posts
shadownseiko said:
Without hearing it, it is impossible to diagnose. It could be something minor, or it could be valve adjustment or a bad camshaft, or worse, it could be a connecting rod. A valve or camshaft problem makes more of a rattling sound, compared to a rod which makes more of a knocking sound. There are hundreds of other possibilities.

Are you in Cebu?

Larry in Dumaguete

Unfortunately, I'm from Manila, the sound is like "takatakataktak" and only occurs at 3000 rpm and above and its rythm does not speed up even if the rpm goes above 3000 rpm. Hope its not that serious.:(

·
Registered
177 Posts
So Larry is from Dumaguete. So you speak Bisaya sir? I'm from Cebu
but my hometown is Victorias, Negros Occ. so I know ilonggo also.

By the way, about roblacer's question, when I reach 3000rpm or more
I don't hear any rattling sound. But there was one time when I
discovered that my exhaust pipe has small holes, I heard strange
noise when I reach 4000rpm, but I'm sure it's not rattling sound.
Can't recall it though, but after I fixed the holes, no more noise.

One more noise I observe when my vehicle is going uphill. It sounds
like it's asking for a lower gear. They advised me to advance my
ignition timing. In the car specs, it's 5 degress before top dead
center (5 BTDC). But our local mekaniko here only listens to the
vehicle sound. Well sometimes the tachometer helps. In the specs.
idle RPM is 900 +- 50rpm, so we followed it. But as I have said, there
is a noise uphill, so I guess I have to increase the idle rpm to 1100
and try if the noise disappears.

Any advise from our expert friends???

·
Registered
51 Posts
It sounds like your engine is detonating, also called "pinging". Pinging is caused by excessive heat in the combustion chamber, usually which is caused by ignition timing being to far advanced. So when they told you to advance your ignition timing, they should have told you to RETARD your ignition timing, as it was probably too far advanced already.

Yes, exhaust rattles can make all kinds of noises.

I live in Dumaguete, but Bisaya gamay as I am American.

;)

Larry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
shadownseiko said:

Are you in Cebu?

Larry in Dumaguete

Gudmorning Sir Larry,

I've checked with my mechanic about the noise, and he said its the connecting rod. He said the connecting rod bearing should be replaced, is this serious?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts