Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of doing the air filter box install . instead of what has been sudgested >using the 1998 oem box > i wonder if anyone else has searched out and had success in finding an air filter box that works without all the jack holder removal and and nonsence .in the sami . Also ?? I saw a drape style soft top that dropped 2 the floor of the sami behind the front seats . > It may have been custom since I have looked and have not found . I am not opposed 2 either soft top > behind seat and back deck cover ? or just drop down behind seats 2 floor . both have advantages ....

·
Super Moderator
17,869 Posts
I'm confused.

What are you trying to accomplish and on what year / model vehicle? :huh:

You posted in the SX4 forum but are talking about the Samurai, apparently.

And converting to a 1.6? :confused:

Some sentence structure, spell checking, paragraph definition as to your thoughts/questions, would certainly go a long way here in our attempting to assist you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I am not clear as too the year and not computor literate ... I will try too be better in future .. I have an 88.5 samari . other than that > ??? I am not interested in a re - read of info concerning using the 1998 air filter box , and all the restructure that goes with it . Out of the literally thousands of vehicles produced .Another option must exist for a Air Filter Box. I was wondering if it had been done by someone else already and they might have be able too tell me what they used or found that works ..

·
Super Moderator
17,869 Posts
OK. Thread cleaned up a bit and moved to the appropriate area. :)

Let's see how it goes.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I never did find an airbox to fit mine, I just cant justify the work involved. I used a conical open element spectre filter.

I'm considering a snorkel just to get cold air from outside, I'm not a fan of open element filters within the engine compartment without isolation but it does work just fine in this case. Mine is a 1.6L 16valve Sidekick engine.

·
Super Moderator
17,869 Posts
There is a TON of 1.6 swap info (including on the air filter) in the top sticky thread! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts