Suzuki Forums banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
You could have wiped the dust off the coils....sheesh....

Looking good tho, hope it fires first turn and gets oil pressure up quickly

The black on red looks nice
Considering I’m planning to go off-road in the Leno next weekend for a local rally. I’m sure it’ll get more dusty and muddy

Impressive rebuild, hope all go's smoothly

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
thank you! A more detailed process will be posted after it’s finished and running.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
its in and it runs, but not driveable yet. some little issues came up. i will start the write up soon and talk about some issues im troubleshooting. main issues were engine dies when going wot suddenly and only one wheel getting power.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Sooo, no fault of my own but the new cv axel I bought is too short and pulls itself too far apart. Meaning car won’t move anywhere. So I need to return the butchered up cv axel and try another one. Needed to pull the blue baleno up with chains.

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon
25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ohhhhh.....the Noltec Camber Plates!!! Awesome! :love:

From what car is that strut bar from? The aerio, baleno or some other car?

Those rear braided brake lines works fine with the rear drums or only with the rear disc brakes?
Those rear braided brake lines wouldn't work with the disk brakes as they also use a banjo bolt connection.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Ohhhhh.....the Noltec Camber Plates!!! Awesome! :love:

From what car is that strut bar from? The aerio, baleno or some other car?

Those rear braided brake lines works fine with the rear drums or only with the rear disc brakes?
yeah, they’re extremely rare now. Especially new lol. Maybe the last new set xD

bar is rare as well. It’s a rotational dynamic tower bar for the aerio. But won’t fit the baleno sedan. Might work on the estate. I will have some new mounts made to use it though.
Looking into the brakes still.

Those rear braided brake lines wouldn't work with the disk brakes as they also use a banjo bolt connection.
correct I think

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
So swapped the new cv in and it didn’t pull apart. So cars moving again. Also. Swapped the fuel rail from the aerio to the baleno and didn’t help. Realized I didn’t plug in the maf sensor. Seems better now. But curious if the aerio rail works now as the injectors from the aerio are way better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So swapped the new cv in and it didn’t pull apart. So cars moving again. Also. Swapped the fuel rail from the aerio to the baleno and didn’t help. Realized I didn’t plug in the maf sensor. Seems better now. But curious if the aerio rail works now as the injectors from the aerio are way better.
What is the difference between the injectors?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Also I worked out all the bugs. I never imagined how quick the baleno would feel with an automatic. LOL test drove it around and feels it has so much pick up and go. I will probably get it inspected this week or next and she’ll be back on the road again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello again chief! :D

good to see the updates with the lenos, I know with the g16b and a manual the baleno sedan sits around 970kg, I wonder what the total package with the auto and the 2.3 brings the weight up to? its probably still stupid light hence why its very "quick" ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Hello again chief! :D

good to see the updates with the lenos, I know with the g16b and a manual the baleno sedan sits around 970kg, I wonder what the total package with the auto and the 2.3 brings the weight up to? its probably still stupid light hence why its very "quick" ;)
1020kg for the 1.8 baleno and the Auto transmission surely adds some weight too, but the 2.3 shouldn't be much heavier maybe 15-25kg more? The 2.3 weighed 134 kg with no oil.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #176 (Edited)
My radiator blew up on a test drive. So time for a new radiator. lol Looks like there was an old crack had been forming for a long time. The high pressure cap stressed it too much.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #177 (Edited)
New radiator installed running good now. Will go ahead and replace the white baleno radiator too. Looks ok, but being a bit old, better off replacing it.

Here’s the one that burst.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Not sure about that sticker......had some real bad problems with their so called "performance " filters.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Not sure about that sticker......had some real bad problems with their so called "performance " filters.
As this car will be used off road, need a washable filter. Sticking with their cleaning kit as well too. The monster sport filter I had is a pile of dust now. It fell apart in basically brand new condition. :/

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I run an oilable washable on the race engine, and a second one over the top. Then 3 layers of pantyhose to trap the big lumps. Still get dust in the inlet manifold and rebuild the engine annually. Cant use a standard paper one as they clog after 4 laps of an 8 lap race. Shame really, I hate rebuilding engines knowing what I'm going to subject it to.

Reactions: chief2001
161 - 180 of 183 Posts