Suzuki Forums banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Doing a swap on a AT transmission taking longer than expected. New goal for Sunday is just get the new engine in. This is just an update post. Not the write up. Taking pictures and doing the work is difficult. I’ll reply to everyone tomorrow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
I highly recommend not doing a 2.3L swap on an AT baleno without dropping the subframe. 3 days to remove.

Also, this was like that when I first looked over the car. Could clearly see it needs replacement. Front engine mount. LOL

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
That mounts fine, use bit of rtv to stick it back together, will last forever :ROFLMAO:

Damn, how bad was that thing clunking?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Oh thats interesting, your exhaust manifold is a log type manifold. Here in austalia we got a 4 into 1 cast type manifold. I wonder how much that effected the HP and Torque curves of the engine. But that doesnt really matter as we are both going with Aftermarket/Custom headers.

I think its to do with the tighter emission stuff in the US, as the australian modles also dont use the EGR, it is block
when i added headers i noticed a increase on power. but im sure its not great with the log.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
That mounts fine, use bit of rtv to stick it back together, will last forever :ROFLMAO:

Damn, how bad was that thing clunking?
I have no idea how long that was like that. I havent worked on these cars since i moved to Japan. Only recently back that i can see everything wrong with them. :/

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Possible bushing upgrade for the rear facing front lower control control arm bushing. If they fit will list the part number. Hopefully can get a chance to test fit them during the week.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Shoutout to thomas1801 for letting me know about these bushings. I contacted the USA company and was told they can be special ordered at www.suspension.com. Enter the part number and they will show up. For a full suspension upgrade these are the part numbers needed.

In the front --> 1) SPF1431K will do the forward bushing on the front lower control arm - then 2) either SPF0679K OR SPF1433K depending on whether you want add'l caster or the standard alignment. 3) SPF0223K is the steering rack bushing kit (manual steering only)

In the rear --> 1) SPF1842K x 2 kits per car - that will cover inner & outer locations of both rear lower control arms. 2) SPF1840K x 1 the forward position of the rear trailing arms 3) SPF1841K x 1 for the rearward position of the rear tailing arms

There is a 3-4 week delivery time from AU to US.

Its likely these all will fit the Liana/Aerio as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Theres the prices listed for anyone who wants to figure out what they are interested in buying for themselves. I've already placed my order.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Shoutout to thomas1801 for letting me know about these bushings. I contacted the USA company and was told they can be special ordered at www.suspension.com. Enter the part number and they will show up. For a full suspension upgrade these are the part numbers needed.

In the front --> 1) SPF1431K will do the forward bushing on the front lower control arm - then 2) either SPF0679K OR SPF1433K depending on whether you want add'l caster or the standard alignment. 3) SPF0223K is the steering rack bushing kit (manual steering only)

In the rear --> 1) SPF1842K x 2 kits per car - that will cover inner & outer locations of both rear lower control arms. 2) SPF1840K x 1 the forward position of the rear trailing arms 3) SPF1841K x 1 for the rearward position of the rear tailing arms

There is a 3-4 week delivery time from AU to US.

Its likely these all will fit the Liana/Aerio as well.
Yeah I wasn't sure if you would get them easily as they are an Australian company. But that great that you can.

I looked at your receipt and was like damn until I realised you got 2 sets haha. That's not a bad price with postage considering it is about $360 AUD for a full set.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Yeah I wasn't sure if you would get them easily as they are an Australian company. But that great that you can.

I looked at your receipt and was like damn until I realised you got 2 sets haha. That's not a bad price with postage considering it is about $360 AUD for a full set.
Learned a lot talking with them. Didn't know that they have a kit to help with the crowning in the roads for Oz. US doesnt have that issue. lol I wasnt too thrilled with the price. hahaha

·
Registered
48 Posts
Learned a lot talking with them. Didn't know that they have a kit to help with the crowning in the roads for Oz. US doesnt have that issue. lol I wasnt too thrilled with the price. hahaha
I didn't know they made a kit for that. Its not that big of a deal providing you are rotating your tyres front to back and from one side to the other on a regular schedule.

But yeah its not cheap. Especially when you factor in that the ball joints (to my knowledge) aren't replaceable and so you have to buy a whole new lower control arm as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Going to look at the Balljoints on the Baleno today and see if they are still good. Apparently no balljoints are available other than the full control arm assembly. Will get some new boots if they are still good.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
Engine is in, now to torque and plug things in. hopefully first start up tomorrow.
View attachment 97182
You could have wiped the dust off the coils....sheesh....

Looking good tho, hope it fires first turn and gets oil pressure up quickly

The black on red looks nice

141 - 160 of 185 Posts