Suzuki Forums banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
If you look at some older pictures, you'll notice there used to be a KYB decal there. Now replaced with K Sport.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
As I am planning to take the white Baleno back to Japan with me, I am taking on a "small" project. I want to add a little JDM style to it but I also NEED to modify the lights on it to pass the STRICT annual Japanese car inspection. I am converting my turn signals into running lights and they will still fuction as turn signals when needed to. The side markers are not turn signals and will be converted to work as both running lights and turn signals. When they are on, they will turn off to blink and when off will turn on to blink. I purchased a kit to help me do this from Japan as there's no need for a kit like this in the US. This will take a little bit to finish as its not straight forward as it seemed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Upgraded the instrument panel with Full LEDs. That’s the brightness at around sunset. Very happy with the brightness. The dimmer still works as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Necessary purchase but full service manual. I have the digital copy originally released by clubaleno released by one of my old members, but I somehow managed to leave all my digital copies in Japan. :/

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
So the new tank was supposed to go in today. Unfortunately I can not find ONE clip that holds the fuel lines to the tank. I spent the day looking for it. I can’t put it back in until I have that. Hopefully can find it tomorrow and get the engine running to check it’s condition. I would hate to think I need to hunt for this clip at a scrap yard.…

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
So my posts here and other sites have been generating more inquiries at the manufacturer. They have started doing more R&D for more suspension options. Happy to know my gambles on parts are helping our community. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
Gonna try to get the fuel tank in before nightfall and see if the engine will run and how bad it sounds before I start replacing things. Will keep posted .The fuel line clip is lost and junkyards one is missing/broken. My Father made one that will have to do out of a spare piece of plastic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
The blue baleno lives again. I put the brakes and muffler back on to test out how the engine sounds health wise today. Good news and bad news. Car can be moved nothings wrong with codes. Bad news. Engine is f**ked. Waaaaay worse than the white baleno. Sounds like there’s a bad valve or something broken in the head plus rod knock. Soooo, white baleno will be on hold. blue baleno getting the 2.3L swap first. Expect updates starting soon as parts start coming in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
New OEM headlights. The other set is aftermarket. If anyone is interested in a new OEM set, I’ll be buying a set in Japan to resell. Won’t be cheap and will not sell cheap as I don’t mind keeping spares for myself and will only sell them as a set. Expect a Separate post once I buy them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
So I am waiting on some replacement parts to arrive for the engine, and a few parts to upgrade with, but will try doing a small update on the engine during the week. It will be a tear down first but also trying to get the engine painted before the weekend. Here’s how it is now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Today’s progress. Intake removed. Wil go back and add details when reassembling. All bolts and nuts are 12mm and the two bottom bolts are 14mm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Belt tensioner and idler pulley removed. I have a underdrive pulley ready to install. Waiting on other parts still.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
There’s some parts on the 2.3 intake I can use that I might swap over since they look the same. Will post what’s reusable later when I get to it.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts