Suzuki Forums banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I remember some time ago you had the Cultus front lip and you were planning to do copies of it. Are you still thinking of doing copies? If you do it, then would the copies be with the 3D printer or was that with fiberglass?
still plan to do copies but with fiberglass or carbon fiber.
3D printer will be for small items like the antenna base that tends to crack.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Eventhough the 2.3L motor has 155hp, it only does 125hp at the wheels tested at a dyno. It still is a big upgrade compared to the 1.8L and the 2.3L torque is sooooo nice to have!
It will run on the 1.8 ecu. I want to dyno it with the 1.8 ecu and see what numbers I get. I will try upgrading to the 2.3 ecu but will need to spend time figuring out the wiring for getting the ecu to work with my electronics.

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon
24 Posts
still plan to do copies but with fiberglass or carbon fiber.
3D printer will be for small items like the antenna base that tends to crack.
Awesome!! When you have a copy ready, I'll have my arms wide open for the catch! I'll start saving some cash for it. :love:

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon
24 Posts
It will run on the 1.8 ecu. I want to dyno it with the 1.8 ecu and see what numbers I get. I will try upgrading to the 2.3 ecu but will need to spend time figuring out the wiring for getting the ecu to work with my electronics.
The J23 will work just fine with the 1.8 ecu. You don't need to change the ecu. Now if your going to use the intake manifold and throttle from the 2.3 then you will most likely need the 2.3 ecu.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
The J23 will work just fine with the 1.8 ecu. You don't need to change the ecu. Now if your going to use the intake manifold and throttle from the 2.3 then you will most likely need the 2.3 ecu.
you want to test out that same idea on the J24B? Stock 180hp sounds nice lol

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
I'd be interested if you could get the J24B to run on the 1.8 ECU, and what the output would be like. If you could get the "normal" rated 165 out of it, (it should do it, you might have to swap a couple of sensors tho) the torque at least at 167 lbs/ft would be a significant improvement on the 120 hp and 112 lbs/ft you get out of the 1.8

Reactions: MidknightCowboy

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I'd be interested if you could get the J24B to run on the 1.8 ECU, and what the output would be like. If you could get the "normal" rated 165 out of it, (it should do it, you might have to swap a couple of sensors tho) the torque at least at 167 lbs/ft would be a significant improvement on the 120 hp and 112 lbs/ft you get out of the 1.8
I think its possible, but its more work, especially money, than I personally willing to invest trying to find out lol. If someone does try it, I will be the first to swap it in right afterwards.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Using a Klein cable stripping knife on fuel lines I see.....hehe

·
Registered
6,864 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,650 Posts
I would have no idea about such tools hehehe
Yes, every one laughs at my all leather tool pouch that I have since 1966, and Klien tools, bought when I did my electrician apprenticeship, prior going to Uni... long time ago...

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon
24 Posts
Maybe in the far future once my wagon is complete with all upgrades. Using the J24B to run on the 1.8 ecu would very hard and time/money consuming! I would put a programmable ecu and see how it would respond to it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Hard to really show this in a picture but there's 100 USD in LED lightbulbs in those tail lights lol

81 - 100 of 134 Posts