Suzuki Forums banner
421 - 440 of 447 Posts

Registered
This is an inside joke that the rest of the forum wouldn't understand. Chief and I go back a VERY! long way, from these cars were new. Right chief?

Great to see you again bro we have slot of catching up to do. I always wondered if there were any diehard Baleno owners left. 不
Glad to see that a few soldiers are still holding the fort. 不.
Yeah, I still got my suzi.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
This is an inside joke that the rest of the forum wouldn't understand. Chief and I go back a VERY! long way, from these cars were new. Right chief?

Great to see you again bro we have slot of catching up to do. I always wondered if there were any diehard Baleno owners left. 不
Wildebeast!!!!!! Long time no seeeee awesome! Glad you still have it and yes a lot of catch-up to do. Currently a few minor updates but nothing worth posting. Blue baleno was randomly shut off but seems its the EGR thats clogged. Have a very clean replacement just waiting on the gasket. Hopefully thats all it is. Was very dirty.
Eye Automotive tire Sculpture Art Artifact

Registered
Make a gasket ya lazy sod

Registered
So make one, copper or steel coated shim sheets are available to make gaskets, you can even buy sandwich copper with a heat barrier centre layer to make your own head gaskets.

Non asbestos heat proof materials are available too

Registered
Yeah!! Great to catch up with you again. My suzi is still mechanically sound, but her paint is a bit weathered from being outside.
She is still boosted, on the same old 8 psi, but the standalone computer made all the difference in the world.
Strang we can't get performance struts anymore, most of those brands are gone.

Registered
I have never seen that multilayer steel/copper gasket material on the market, at least not in our neck of the woods. Never heard of it, not seen it in the gasket material section.

Registered
I have never seen that multilayer steel/copper gasket material on the market, at least not in our neck of the woods. Never heard of it, not seen it in the gasket material section.
Its not a copper/steel, its copoer/asbestos substitute material. Ill see if I can find a link. Lot of the vintage car guys use it down here.

Plain copper sheet would work just as well in that application

Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon

A ghost from the past!!!

Good to see you still have your baby. Was waiting for the juicy updates on the project until the aerio forum bit the dust and I never knew what happened to your upgrades.

Registered
Midnight, 不, great to see you again. Great to see some of the old soldiers still holding the fort. Lol. I I remember correctly, you were in P.R. correct?
I still have my Suzi, she is still an ongoing project, constantly getting upgrades.
Because I broke the rules and went high compression on boost, now I am required to put in a water methanol injection kit, and stay at 8-10 psi boost. (Or run E85, which I don't want to). So, the standalone happened some time ago, and the water meth is on its way in right now.
She is very responsive with that setup. I posted a video of a sound clip of her at partial throttle, but that is the short version of the story.

So, what have you been up to? Hey, do you know who I kept in touch with once in a blue moon? Aramis!!
Yeah! I need to reach out to him again, it's been about a year or two.

Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon
Midnight, 不, great to see you again. Great to see some of the old soldiers still holding the fort. Lol. I I remember correctly, you were in P.R. correct?
I still have my Suzi, she is still an ongoing project, constantly getting upgrades.
Because I broke the rules and went high compression on boost, now I am required to put in a water methanol injection kit, and stay at 8-10 psi boost. (Or run E85, which I don't want to). So, the standalone happened some time ago, and the water meth is on its way in right now.
She is very responsive with that setup. I posted a video of a sound clip of her at partial throttle, but that is the short version of the story.

So, what have you been up to? Hey, do you know who I kept in touch with once in a blue moon? Aramis!!
Yeah! I need to reach out to him again, it's been about a year or two.
Still living in PR at the moment, but I've been thinking about going back to the states in the near future.

I was also thinking about doing a high comp/low boost combo later on when I'm out of ideas . I've also thought about buying a water meth kit, but I have no idea on what setup to get for the wagon.
Which standalone did you get for your car? I bet it made a world of a difference on your baleno!!

Wow, Aramis!! I lost contact with him a long time ago. Around the time the aerio forum went offline. I have to talk to him again....although I don't know if he still has the same # as before .

I have not made much progress on the wagon on performance parts as I decided to work on the other smaller details that the rest of the world got, but us in the states never did get. Like for instance the clock on the dash, the fogs, etc. etc. Stuff like that I've been searching, but now I'm focusing on the performance aspect once again!

Registered
Cool! I ended up using a standalone called Spitronics, it's a south African unit. My tuner suggested it to me. It has great technology, and the price is the attractive part. It also has remote tuning capability.
Once it's set up, my tuner logs in remotely and works his magic, lol.

Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon
Hi midnight, if I remember correctly, did you install a 2.3 in your esteem? How is it running?
Yup, my wagon has a 2.3 block and a 1.8 head. It was running pretty good until one night I took a sharp blind curve and in the middle of the road there was a huge amount of coconuts that somebody threw. I tried to avoid it and eventhough I missed half of them....the other half decided to meet my oil pan !! I was far away from home and I had to drive with a massive dent in the pan and when I got home the motor was makig a horrible sound. I decided a more aggresive rebuild was in order to satisfy my hunger!

I reworked the head and block, retune of my standalone, a minor upgrade of the trans, new exhuast system, more performance upgrades to the motor. I also upgraded the braking system and the suspension, although I have yet to install it (the suspension parts). A couple of motor upgrades that I have needs to be installed as well. With all this I'm still thinking about more toys to buy!!! 不

Registered
Wow! That must have run like a beast!! (A wildebeast 不不). I didn't realize that you had a standalone to compliment that setup. Yeah those ecu's makes all the difference in the world, that is an underestimated sleeper . Did you ever get to dyno it?
It is a manual tranny, correct?
For your future upgrades, I can hint a suggestion,,, boost.不.

Registered
I did a Dyno of mine some years ago that had a basic street tune, she did 240 whp at 8 psi on this T3. Our next step was to do the water meth setup then do a Dyno tune. I was expecting maybe to end up with about 260 after we were done, but I accidentally locked myself out of the ECU with a security code , and ended up having to change the unit bcuz we couldn't get it unlocked.

Registered
The ultimate goal is about 300hp, I may need to just need to bump it up to about 10 -12 psi to get there.
Have you ever looked into a diff for our gearboxes? That is something I thought about, but haven't fully looked into it as yet.
Either that or change the tranny to something else that can handle the power better.

421 - 440 of 447 Posts