Suzuki Forums banner
401 - 413 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 ·
Making a custom exhaust from headers back.

just a quick pic of what I’ve received so far. Picture is shortened to fit everything but it’s polished 304 stainless steel mandrel bent.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
Mostly done mocking up the exhaust. Just a few more bits but here’s what I’m going with. top is my decat oem mid pipe. middle is a high flow catylitic converter. bottom is a decat with a resonator in place of the catylitic converter. will be easy to swap out with the v-clamps im using. still working on the rest, but all the cuts have been made. everything still needs welding.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
New parts for the white baleno. New rear brake lines for both. The blue balenos will break when I attempt to remove so will be replaced. The white baleno lines will be replaced only if they break but seems unlikely.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
After a full day with my my fathers help got the entire front end sorted including my braided lines that require some modifications. I tried two different mods the later working best and will say I hated cutting metal on my car then realized wasn’t necessary. :/. Anyways update pics. Braided lines will be secured with a bracket not shown once I test drive it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
Small update on on the brake upgrade. After two track days months of autox and some normal city driving. I’ve come up with a ratio of about 3 pad changes per rotor set. I’m installing my 3rd set and the EBC kit with the brake caliper upgrade seems very much worth it even just for the longevity you’re sure to get if not using the car in high performance scenarios. Even when the pads are pretty much in need of replacement they stop the car well. It’s a bit pricy, but the benifits will offset it. If the full upgrade (calipers and brake kit) is too much for you I would still recommend the ebc green stuff pads for your OE calipers.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
The 2.3L is now in. I lost a bolt though for the right side mount, don’t ask how I managed that. Hopefully can start it up by next weekend. Got a lot of cables and hoses to attach and still need to install the starter.

Hopefully my clutch installation was done well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 · (Edited)
So the last version of the j23 is a little bit different. the J18 oil pan will undergo some modification with a high precision hammer.

J18 oil pan on the left J23 on the right

this is also different

J18

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·
Hoping I can run the old fuel out but added a second temporary inline filter. That’s some pretty old fuel. just need to add fluids. Not adding the radiator yet. It’s just to make sure everything is running correctly before I test drive it. Still needs the exhaust finished. I have a hard deadline to meet, so expect more regular updates this month.

Aiming for its first breath of life tomorrow.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
If you’re interested in the cost of this exhaust system it’s roughly costing me about 1100 USD to make myself including all the tools. Biggest cost was the ceramic coated headers I bought over 12 years ago. They needed some tweaking unfortunately to fit correctly, despite the changes I made, it just BARELY clears my oilpan. “Clears” meaning it’s touching. I’ll need to add some heat reflecting tape to the oilpan to keep some heat away. Only plus is that since there’s no catylitic converter there anymore, is technically cooler but still gonna be pretty hot.

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon
32 Posts
If you’re interested in the cost of this exhaust system it’s roughly costing me about 1100 USD to make myself including all the tools. Biggest cost was the ceramic coated headers I bought over 12 years ago. They needed some tweaking unfortunately to fit correctly, despite the changes I made, it just BARELY clears my oilpan. “Clears” meaning it’s touching. I’ll need to add some heat reflecting tape to the oilpan to keep some heat away. Only plus is that since there’s no catylitic converter there anymore, is technically cooler but still gonna be pretty hot.
Is this the Road Race or something like that header?

401 - 413 of 413 Posts