Suzuki Forums banner
381 - 400 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
Because I’m a dummy, I damaged the rear bumper backing into an I beam.

started the repair.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Damn, those would be track only here and not able to be used on the road.

Nice looking feet

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
Tested them out with some highway driving. I lowered the pressure to 27psi front and rear. Under normal driving hot pressure raised to 32 psi in the front but I forgot what the rear was. I don’t want to use these much as heat cycles do reduce their performance the more times they heat up and I want to note that the entire tyre gets VERY hot even the rears and these are definitely not intended to be street driven. Although these are street legal, they are designed to heat up very quickly to provide high grip quickly but have yet to see if these will handle longer sessions at higher speeds. I think I’ll lower tire pressure to 27 cold and see how that works and add a bit of camber. I do have about -1.5 degrees in the front, but might raise to 2-2.5 front and -1.5 in the rear. I won’t have time to test for rollover on the tire, but the set up I have seems decent. I’ll run what I currently have and adjust to that above if I see necessary.

Weather permitting, I will set the course record for fasted FWD Suzuki at circuit of the americas as per my understanding there has not been any Suzuki cars to run there yet. So I will hold the record for quite a while I think. LoL

·
Registered
57 Posts
what makes them illegal? these are street legal (American DOT regulation compliance)
So turns out they are street legal in Aus (Source: From Track, To Road, And Back To Track Again)

But if you have the time to stand there on the side of the road while jonny knows it all mr coppa tells you 1000 reasons its not legal and still tries to book you for it.

You then challenge it, it goes to court, you have won but after 3 months of back and fourth and whatever money is required to keep the ball rolling.

Its far easier to slap them on a set of wheels you intend to track only, in which case you may as well go for something track only at that point.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
So turns out they are street legal in Aus (Source: From Track, To Road, And Back To Track Again)

But if you have the time to stand there on the side of the road while jonny knows it all mr coppa tells you 1000 reasons its not legal and still tries to book you for it.

You then challenge it, it goes to court, you have won but after 3 months of back and fourth and whatever money is required to keep the ball rolling.

Its far easier to slap them on a set of wheels you intend to track only, in which case you may as well go for something track only at that point.
When you put it that way and I know how uptight Oz is with things, makes sense not use them haha

·
Registered
57 Posts
When you put it that way and I know how uptight Oz is with things, makes sense not use them haha
My main concern would be daily running them, if they have heaps of grip they will probalby have a very soft tread wear meaning they would need replacing every 3-6 months. Made this mistake when I owned my S15 SpecR, went all out on the best streetable track tyres I could, besides the police being triggered by them, they lasted at max 4-5 months. (Cant remember the brand but i think they were pirelli's)

That's when I discovered the Kumho Ecsta KU39, for me it was the best balance between daily driving longevity, and performance on road and on the track.

I didnt track my S15 much after the switch though but I have run KU39s on all of my cars since. except the Baleno, when I needed tyres the pandemic just hit so everything would take forever to get so I settled for some Kumho Ecowings. Not too fussed as they are not the rims I intend to run long term and are more runabouts until I can sort some suspension that will adequately fit my 17s :sneaky:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #393 · (Edited)
Small note, the GPS speed indicated is a bit laggy so you can add about 5kmh to the highest indicated speed you see.

Almost crashing the Baleno

Learned to manage brake tempts after losing brakes at the end the fastest straight lol Can say now that the OEM size Baleno pads would not hold up well under track use. The Liana/Aerio Caliper and pads is a must and you can with temperature management do track days on the greenstuff pads even though they are not made for it.

rotors after 1 session, yes they are blue from heat.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
Update on the brakes upgrade. Ksport no longer makes the kit, was going to buy it today. :( so looks like we need to find a company or custom.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
Just pictures update, havent done any work on the car. will get started on it again during this week even if small steps. I want the white car moving July.

three wheeling

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #397 · (Edited)
Work has restarted on the white baleno.
Wheel bearings being replaced. Hopefully can get control arm bushings etc replaced and the control arms replaced by next weekend and engine transmission back in by end of month.

The blue baleno is now sporting the final ride height that will be used with the street coilovers.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #399 ·
Almost done with new control arms and superpro bushings installed. Not many updates on anything different than the blue baleno, basically all the same, but will update once I install something different.

on a side note, I have a wobble in one of my wheels that I used for rallyx. I sent the baleno a little too hard. lol it’s the 14s and they’re only meant for off-road or snow. So don’t care. Might upgrade them to 15s as well. That’s all for now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 · (Edited)
Big purchase incoming more than likely. Ksport still offers 1 final option that will fit the Baleno. 3 piston 11.3inch (287mm) Big Brake Kit. Checking if will clear the OEM 15 inch wheels or if I'll need to run a 15 & 16 inch wheel set up. This will set you back USD $2,044 + tax. Link if you wanna configure your own set up. But I'm going with the street and race pads. Really hoping I can keep the 15s I have accumulated as I'd hate to have to sell all my sets of 15s for the white Baleno. Going with the smallest set up possible as the Baleno is not a high hp car but can definately use bigger stronger brakes in track use. The Liana caliper upgrade is good for autox and improved braking over the OEM Baleno calipers and pads but not suited for track days.

381 - 400 of 413 Posts