Suzuki Forums banner

341 - 360 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #341 (Edited)
Run 1 of the cars first Autox. Time was 39.9 was still learning the course and the car as I had not tested the cars handling to its limits on paved surfaces nor tested grip with the tire setup I used today which are the 205/50r15s.

Run 1

Run 2

My camera shut off so not recorded 38.1sec with increased rear stiffness 17 levels.

Run 3

3rd Run with rear suspension set 24 levels stiff in rear. 37.8 Sec

Run 4

Getting used to the settings 37 Sec

Run 5

Slid off course going in too hot, but would have been on pace for 36 or high 35 secs since I was finally used to the course and had gotten a feel for the car so pushed harder for the final run. Time with the slide was 51.9 sec. Will show front and rear for this one. If anyone is interested in the rear view for the other runs, I can upload those too.

Those are the closest times in my range for novice class. im happy with the times i got.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Replacing the seals on the head and they needed to be replaced for sure. They were cracked and hardened that one just cracked open trying to remove it and the head cover seal was soaked in oil

my suspicions thatI bought a oem replacement engine with very little miles seems to be likely looking on the inside.

·
Registered
48 Posts
cleannnnnnnnn, wish my engine was that clean haha, might get there one day.

Sadly I cant seem to find strut braces for the baleno anywhere. no one does them anymore by the looks of it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
that appears to be the case, I regret not having bought a second SUZItech brace when I had the chance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #345 (Edited)
Small progress.

decided to put something nice on for hose clamps. Will put these on once I get to installing the new engine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Still waiting on parts to arrive but the engine wont be in for about another 2 weeks. I'll be cleaning and assembling what I can for now but there is a lot of parts that need replacement before I throw the new engine in. I'll try writing up a bushing replacement guide during the next 2 weeks as I will be trying to install them while I wait for parts. Engine bay will be getting a well deserved detail as well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
did a basic cleaning in the engine bay. Not clean enough but looking like it used to once more. :)

going to go in more detail and treat some of the surface rust on the subframe.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Very clean! I have a question, whats the piece of white board near the radiator area there for? seen it in a few of your engine-less pics now and it has me curious :unsure:
It’ll get cleaner!

It’s a plastic board I placed there in order to not damage my ac condenser.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
nothing confirmed yet, but big update on the white lenos rebuild process. Should I get an update I want over the next few weeks, might have some big news. :)

Destroyed a coilpack boot, but got these rare bits out.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #353 (Edited)
I know its sloppy the first three runs, was trying to learn the course and the big gaps in time between runs didnt help any.

Heres a few times for comparison.

Run 1 (52.052)

Run 2 (50.309)

Run 3 (48.006)

Run 4 (47.432)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Very cool vids, do you find it understeers a bit with the heavy auto and bigger engine?
Id say no different than normal, but as I have fully adjustable coilovers, I just added more stiffness for the rear suspension and that helps it feel more neutral, but as you'll see in the last vid I'm working on, does make it easy to lose it at the limits. I could add more camber, but I don't want to get an alignment done each time I do a track day.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Run 5 Spin with front and rear view. I was going for a fast time and cooked it again. lol

Front

Rear

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
So a few things I've noticed after going to race a few times now. the rear drums seem to definately not be up to the task of track use and started getting hot after 40 second sessions. I'll try a old hot rod trick by drilling them out, (similar to a cross drilled rotor) to keep them cooler, but i have to stress that this should not be used for a street car and you should swap drums to a non drilled out set. this should help reduce some heat and let the rear drums work a bit better. if i can get a set for this before the next event, ill post my findings since there may be a few people who may be interested in tracking their car still. i do think this mod will be better suited towards a higher speed track day.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
time to get my old wheels restored. they've been neglected for 11 years.

Side note, i cant believe i have 5 sets of wheels lol

341 - 360 of 375 Posts