Suzuki Forums banner

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
The work never stops. So getting ready for my first timed rally and looking over the car came across the fact I split in half the rear engine mount mounting bracket and broke a chunk out of the transmission where it attaches. Pics this weekend.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
heres the damage. The hunt for a bracket for a Automatic 1.8 starts. I have a spare one for a MT but not for the auto. :/ Thankfully have a spare transmission. No racing until this gets sorted out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Also, blue baleno scheduled for a windshield replacement this week. Its pretty bad and has been like that for quite some time. Here where the car is registered, a cracked windshield is road legal as long as it does not obstruct view or passes through to the inside of the car. I'll get a picture soon as I actually have never shown how bad it is. lol

·
Registered
7,997 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Super glue?

Damn, you did well to break that mount bracket, im impressed! Seen one end cracked, but not both.
I'm having a heck of a time finding a replacement and may end up calling a dealership in Japan, I speak fluent Japanese, and have a friend pick up and mail it to me. Going to call a few junkyards around the US first see if they can get that part or not. Will also see if I can have it welded by a professional welder. I understand aluminum is not easy to weld. Extra power and racing in a transmission that is throwing TCCC code probably put too much stress on shifts. I am going to replace the front mount with the MT front mount in hopes of stiffening the engine a bit. The AT mount has a lot of flex compared to the MT mount.

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
can you fabricate a steel mount plate?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #250 (Edited)
New bumper arrived for the blue baleno, its brand new but had a few tiny scuffs and scratches that will need to be smoothed out before painting. Still getting painting supplies ready, but hopefully can start getting the front bumper, hood, fenders, roof, and trunk painted by next weekend or at least the front bumper and roof. New front control arms arrive this Friday and will try to get the new Superpro bushings installed and get the new control arms in.

Edit: Just placed my order for paint. Picking up Saturday.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
New windshield in, I totally forgot to take a before picture, but I'm sure I have to have one that shows the giant crack somewhere. But yeah, one step closer to completion.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
100% credit goes to my father for installing and getting the bushings out. New lower control arms, end links, and ball joints. The new superpro bushing installed. Only got 1 side in today. Will do the other next weekend.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Plans for this upcoming weekend. Instal Left side front control arm.
Remove rear bumper cover and crash bar to remove any rust then seal and paint the crash bar followed by paint for the rear bumper. Will try to have the left and right side painted (excluding the doors and fenders. Will try to take "Before" pics during the week.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #259 (Edited)
What was finished

Filled with brass the hole that remained after removing as much rust as possible

Smoothed out

Rear crash bar rust removed as much as

Rust reformer and sealer (black)

Crash bar was treated and sealed then finished with a rust stop paint and clear.

241 - 260 of 273 Posts