Registered
7,794 Posts
or less braking, grow bigger bits hehehee

Reactions: chief2001

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Lolol it’s to get traction in corners and get the car to turn in more. On a paved track I doubt I’d be so hard on the brakes. :)

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Lolol it’s to get traction in corners and get the car to turn in more. On a paved track I doubt I’d be so hard on the brakes. :)
I have brake shutoff valves on my race car, its amazing how hard it corners with just one front brake on the correct side

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Feel that rally has too many turns to efficiently cool the radiator and the extra heat from the exhaust is not letting the radiator efficiently cool things. Made a new heat shield that blocks the radiator completely.

here’s before I did final trimming and drilling holes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #227 (Edited)
Managed to find a 2.3L with 3K more miles than what the white Baleno has now 64k. So decided to buy that instead, saving me half the cost of a brand new engine. Should get the engine sometime in the next week or two. (says by next week, but all deliveries are slow right now for obvious reasons) Going with different colors for the engine paint. You'll see it soon hopefully. Next build shouldn't take longer than a weekend since its a MT engine swap and needs way less preparation.

Edit: Engine got shipped out the next day.:oops: So probably will get the engine by next week and installed over the next weekend.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
I’ve given up on trying to get the transmission for the blue baleno to stop giving codes. Ordered a brand new oem transmission. I’ve essentially bought and or will be replacing every mechanical part for the blue baleno. It’s pretty much a new car with a a 20 year old body now. LOL

·
Registered
7,794 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
As I am sure many are aware, finding a tower brace for the Baleno is quite difficulty now. I have searched far and wide for one from every brand that I knew made one at some point in the past with no success. I am taking a risk on buying one from another car and hoping that the dimensions are close enough to fit. Will update when it arrives. The aero tower brace I have doesnt fit and I will likely sell this as I can not use it. Its rare so I'm sure it'll get sold pretty quick as its brand new too. lol

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon
29 Posts
As I am sure many are aware, finding a tower brace for the Baleno is quite difficulty now. I have searched far and wide for one from every brand that I knew made one at some point in the past with no success. I am taking a risk on buying one from another car and hoping that the dimensions are close enough to fit. Will update when it arrives. The aero tower brace I have doesnt fit and I will likely sell this as I can not use it. Its rare so I'm sure it'll get sold pretty quick as its brand new too. lol
You can buy a Mitsubishi Mirage strut bar as that goes on almost perfect. The only one problem would be that you would have to redrill the holes as it does not fit directly. You can redrill the bases or get new ones made!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #235 (Edited)
FYI if you need a radiator for a 5 speed with a 1.8 you’ll need to import one from Europe (if you live in the US). The AT radiator from an AT will fit as long as it’s for a 1.8, but will have extra fittings you don’t need for the transmission cooler.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
I've started painting the 2nd engine. The cover is painted, next is the block. once its painted i'll give a sneak peak. Doubt anyone will guess the colors I choose.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I've started painting the 2nd engine. The cover is painted, next is the block. once its painted i'll give a sneak peak. Doubt anyone will guess the colors I choose.
Oh gawd....not a red cam cover again

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
221 - 240 of 243 Posts