Suzuki Forums banner

201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Couldn't you get blue ones to match the car?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
EVAP incomplete code cleared, but got a new transmission code. FML

At least a small photo opportunity.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Check tcc solenoid, valve chest, and clutch itself.
that code pops up when the tcm activates the solenoid, sees current but still detects slip in the converter (engine revs vs input revs at transmission)

Give it a slug of AT-205 and see if that helps, could be a bit if grunge in the solenoid passages or a leaking tcc o ring on the input shaft

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Check tcc solenoid, valve chest, and clutch itself.
that code pops up when the tcm activates the solenoid, sees current but still detects slip in the converter (engine revs vs input revs at transmission)

Give it a slug of AT-205 and see if that helps, could be a bit if grunge in the solenoid passages or a leaking tcc o ring on the input shaft
Transmission sealant seemed to fix it, then started throwing the blinking O/D light again. i'll drive it until it gives out then swap in a new transmission. it shifts fine and no issues. wonder if they additional power is to blame.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
The rally wheels are being painted now. they are the OEM Steelies painted white. Sanded/etch primer/color/ clear

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
So in my location I couldn’t pass inspection because of the transmission code. Going to likely need to open it up and replace the solenoids. Will update on this as I figure things out.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Change oil first, or drain it and see what its like, could just need a freshen with fluid to get past inspection

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Change oil first, or drain it and see what its like, could just need a freshen with fluid to get past inspection
2 fluid changes already 1 fluid change after only about 15 miles hoping to fix it. the the transmission additive with the current fluid. the one i took out was actually a bit dirty which surprised me since was only about 15 miles.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
You have sludge issues.....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #212 (Edited)
Going to try swapping back the OEM crank pulley. I have a suspicion that my code related to the transmission may be because of a voltage issue with the under drive pulley not letting the alternator provide the correct level. I replaced the alternator with a new one and saw that the blinking overdrive light has gone away more consistently after driving at highways speeds, but comes back on after slowing down. If thats the issue, I'll put it on just to pass my inspection and put it back on right after.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Going to try swapping back the OEM crank pulley. I have a suspicion that my code related to the transmission may be because of a voltage issue with the under drive pulley not letting the alternator provide the correct level. I replaced the alternator with a new one and saw that the blinking overdrive light has gone away more consistently after driving at highways speeds, but comes back on after slowing down. If thats the issue, I'll put it on just to pass my inspection and put it back on right after.
You should be able to keep the underdrive main pully by switching to a smaller pully on the altenator

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Testing in rallyx and the raditor hose popped off from pressure. Fixed and getting some water to refill the radiator.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
made it back out, but same thing happened on the final run. time to test some changes to the cooling system.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Side note, the brakes work EXTREMELY well in racing conditions. They were hot enough to burn the white paint on the wheels. see the previous picture.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Just for additional info, my best self timed lap was 107 seconds. and was getting faster each lap I only got about 5 laps in total because of the overheating issue. Half of a lap I had to go slow because lost all my coolant. I lost coolant 2 times so lots of downtime in between sessions. But theses are the times compared to the rest of the cars. Remember I'm using an Automatic. lol I wasnt able to participate in the official timings.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
So took out on a short drive to test the car with the oem crank pulley and the car started overheating. Somethings wrong with the cooling. Going to order a new thermostat. Noticed the fan didn’t come on as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Replaced the thermostat. It was stuck open as it was a fail safe design. I forgot to take a picture. I’ll get one tomorrow. Replaced the lower coolant hose clamps with a screw type clamp instead of the oem style clip type. Put the oem radiator cap on to do some test drives. The new thermostat is an oem replacement AISIN thermostat 82°C

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Pictures of the tires after a few laps on dirt. These were on the front

These were on the rear. Will get swapped for the front next time.

the paint burning on the front wheels from how hot the brakes were.

201 - 220 of 243 Posts