Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Fortunately, many of the folks that throw huge lifts and tires onto full size rigs do it for show... You can tell the owner of the Zook got smart and invested in lockers! Yeah Team!

·
Registered
3 Posts
A Samurai will get unstoppable with just a minor lift plus lockers, largely due to it's light weight. My SJ413 LWB was modified for 35", no lockers, and it severely outperformed the big trucks. Even if I was driving on 33", which I used around the city due to the 35" rubbing, it still caused severe irritation from the guys running on 38". I remember driving a few circles around a 38" Nissan Patrol that had sunk in the snow just before we got onto a glacier. The owner wasn't too happy with his rig, especially when I pointed it out that he could've bought 35 Zuki's like mine for the same money as he had payed for the only car that had to be pulled up that day :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems obvious to me that lighter car is better playing with mud. In my country most of Off Road rallys are "mud based" and Samurai owners benefit from that... But if there are different conditions like 60% up hill or travers - havy car is better. So :) No perfect car for all conditions that you can face.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love it, my hunting buddies all laughed when I pulled up in my SJ when I purchased it back in '82, they drove big gas sucking rigs. Amazing how I always made it to the top first. cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts