Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a stock 95 Samurai. Want a fairly mild lift, so I got a set of YJ springs and Bilstein shocks from a friend. Ready to order a spring under kit in the next couple of weeks. But before I drop the cash, I have a question- how do the YJ conversion Samurais handle on the street? (My 17 year old son wants to drive the Samurai to school this fall) I will remove the sway bar for now, but have a plan to make it so it can be disconnected for wheelin / fun. I realize that the more off road worthy you make a vehicle you loose some of the road manners, but how much do you loose in a spring under YJ conversion? Also have a question about bump stops- how far down do I have to relocate them?
Thanx for the help! Zeke.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I have never done the YJ conversion as a 'Spring under', but I have plenty of experiance with the SPOA versions. So I can't help with measurements.

As long as you have good shackles (not worn out or loose) and you have some good shocks it will ride and handle like a dream. Smooth, and strong.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am SPOA with YJ's and Trail Tough missing links front and rear.
No issues. No problems. I run the freeway at 65-70 with no worries or issues.

Since you are in SoCal you might give Petroworks a call. When they do a YJ kit they install the Trail Tough YJ kits.
One of the guys has a tintop that was YJ SPUA the last time I saw it in June. He was SPOA on Samurai springs but switched out to SPUA YJ springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts