Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doing some work on a friends Cruze - it has a check engine light on, however I can't seem to pull the codes from it? It doesn't seem to be OBD2 compatible - but does have a OBD port.....

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Its a 2004 Australian spec Holden Cruze AWD Manual with the Suzuki sourced M15A in it.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Did you figure this out as im having the same propblem with my scanner
what year, what model and what scanner?
OBD2 was not compulsory in Australia until 2006, so vehicles manufactured prior to Jan 2006 may not be fully obd2 compliant

My cheap code reader does not with the Suzuki Ignis.
not uncommon. Cheap readers are cheap for a reason. Suzuki tend to use the following based on year, BUT not always.

1996-2000 : ISO 9141
2001-2006 : ISO 9141, KWP2000
2007-2009: CAN

My 2008 manufactured Swift is still using KWP2000

·
Registered
83 Posts
GM vehicles (which Holden Cruze is) are notorious for requiring scanners which will read GM codes. You may just get basic codes and nothing else unless a GM compatible scanner is used.
The Holden owners club may provide an answer as could the Chevrolet forum which discusses the Cruze issues.
Try this link :- Cruze - Chevrolet Owners Club Forum
I use a Tec2 scanner on my GM vehicle (noting that 4x4 such as my Captiva are recognised as a 'truck' and not a car)
As already mentioned - it is vital to give year model, engine and variant when asking tech questions because of the different 'build' variations. Good luck sorting the problem what ever it may be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts