Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Xtrons PSD70GVS package recently for my old SuZuKi Grand 2006. It contains the head unit and all the accessories. I am satisifed with how it looks and the price. But I find it is kind of difficult to install. Maybe I am not so
tech savvy though. Do I have to pay for a technican to do it for me? that may cost be about $100. Or what do you suggest? Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
YOU have to know your limitations - we don't know what your area of expertise is. If you feel it's too difficult for you, then maybe it is. There's no shame in calling in a professional when it's necessary, I don't expect to see a brain surgeon repairing his own car (or a mechanic performing brain surgery).

Ask yourself these questions ...

1) What is my experience with auto electricals/car audio?
2) Do I have the tools & test equipment needed for this task?

If there is any hesitation with either answer, then pay someone else to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually it is very easy do DIY, i have installed thousands of Chinese car radios including XTRONS. anyone can technically install their own head unit. If you buy a head unit that's the wrong size, it won't fit. As i know, XTRONS double din units are standard size and come with standard wiring color combinations, you can also buy right mounting kit

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Actually it is very easy do DIY, i have installed thousands of Chinese car radios including XTRONS. anyone can technically install their own head unit. If you buy a head unit that's the wrong size, it won't fit. As i know, XTRONS double din units are standard size and come with standard wiring color combinations, you can also buy right mounting kit
Not all double din radios are the same size. XTRONS is about 4 mm bigger than the factory Garmin units fitted in the 3G grand vitara which necessitates some careful "adjustment " of the plastic surrounding to make it fit. You could also need some 90 degree aerial adapters as my one wouldn't fit in the cavity as it was too deep with the aerial lead connected. Rest of its plug and play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts