Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I traded my SX4 for a 2011 Kizashi. I purchased the XM for the SX3 for somewhere around $400 and installed it myself, thanks to the instructions found on this forum.

So when I began researching the same process for my new Kizashi I am absolutely blown away that they are asking $599.95 for the XM kit for the Kizashi!!! Give me a break. They have been making these things for years now, there is no way it is anywhere near that much to manufacture. You can get an aftermarket for under $100. But I want it all to work with the OEM and the steering wheel controls.

The pictures for the units for the SX4 look exactly like the units for the Kizashi, but they are at least $200 more depending on where you buy them. Why would they be any different if you don't have the navigation system?

·
Registered
566 Posts
XM

Sounds like a rip-off! Maybe compare part numbers? Ya should have taken out the one in your SX4 before you traded???:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
They are not all compatible with each other. Each radio speaks a different language like Microsoft products don’t always work with apple products. The tuner for the nav system is a Kenwood and is available in the aftermarket so it should be cheaper than the XM tuner for the factory radio since it will only be able to work with a limited number of radios.

·
Registered
1 Posts
they are a lot different i just got mine online from bob wade suzuki the new one gets screwed to the bottom of the radio with the plug on the back of the radio very easy to install as for the attena i but my inside the car on the dash i did not want to run it all the way to the back of the car works great i was i little shocked at the price also but wanted to work the same way as you i did try the xm from my othe car 1stbut it sounded like crap and could not get a good signal they also you give you a code with the new tuner that you get 3 months for free i know it dosent like much but i like ike it good luck

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
All the XM antennas I've installed I've put on the roof through the sunroof and stuck it on the front of the sunroof....all our Kizashis have the sunroof deflector accessory on them so the antenna is hidden by it anyways, and it knocks a lot of time to install....the factory location for the antenna is supposed to be on the trunk beside the RR tail light....that would look horrible!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Suzuki kizashi xm module

Hi guys i'm also looking for the same module but i'm located in Montreal Canada. and on eBay they are selling it for 498$ + shipping what a rip off, any one know any where to get this for a cheaper price?

Let me know [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts