Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any tires in stock size 235/60/16 that will will work in snow and mud, I know for sure the stock Brigstones are lousy. I would really like to switch to a larger tire, 253/70/16, 225/70/16 or 255/55/60 but do not know if it will work without rubbing in turns on bumps. Anyone have of recomendations from experience? I really need a tire with good A/T tread

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree about the Bridgestone Duellers, they are horrible in the snow. Tire Rack has a Winterforce 225-70-16 snow tire for ~ $50 that I bought this fall. I had them studded for $15 per wheel. These tires are taller than the 235-60-16's that came with the car but I did not have any issues with the fit. I think the stock tires are 688 mm's tall and the 225/70/16's are 721 mm's tall. The snow tires worked great for driving in the snow and ice and towing my snowmobile trailer, the only minor downside is they have a directional tread so you can only rotate them back to front on the same side. We put about 7500 miles on them this winter and they are wearing well. i would definately recommend these tires. For summer tires (or a better all season tire than the Bridgestones) the Kumho's that Tire Rack offers in the stock size for ~$60 are worth consideration. I have had good luck with them. They are pretty good in the snow and ice, but not anwhere as good as the Winterforce snowtire. Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
i replaced my stock crappy bridgestones prematurely (30000 miles) with "all country" 235/70/16. they are an offbrand of dunlop. GREAT traction in wet dry or snow/ice. my wife pulled me out in my nissan pick up while on a thick sheet of ice with no tire spin at all.. i do RARELY hear a SLIGHT rub when turning hard left and pulling into my driveway which has a curb, otherwise it never does.. ive had these tires for 17000 miles now and they show no sign of wear!. i also replaced my stock spare with the same tire.. i think the overall diameter is 29.2 inches :57:

·
Registered
89 Posts
My '02 XL7 has Pirelli Scorpion A/T mounted, great tires last winter, and they ride smooth and quiet in the summer. They seem to wear well, also. I've put 32k miles in a year on them, and tread is still very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts