Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you give me a List of Parts required that I need a wrecker to send me
if I can find a wrecked Suzuki X 90 with AC on it.

There are no X 90's in my area so it would probably be in another State and I wouldn't want them to only send me 3/4 of the parts required.

Any Leads
-Don Watson (719)784-1915

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I haven't done it yet but I'm guessing you'd need the foloowing
A/C switch from heater control, dryer, condensor rad & fan, heater box assembly, compressor, lines, new set of o rings.
I'm planning on having my compressor rebuilt before I install it

please chim in if I missed anything.
Mitch

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
And you should look into whether an originally A/C equipped X 90 required a larger radiator to contend with the additional heat load. ;)

Probably add relays (condenser fan and compressor), wiring harness to the mix and any control circuit / specific controller needs. The under-hood fuse / relay box may be different.

What about belt needs and idler pulleys? Different tensioner set-up? Different accessory mount brackets? Don't know.

Provide the vehicle YEAR, too Don. It may make a difference in part needs.

Was there more than one engine option? :huh:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Can you give me a List of Parts required that I need a wrecker to send me if I can find a wrecked Suzuki X 90 with AC on it. ....
Look at the last 5 links on this page:
Àâòîçàï÷àñòè äëÿ Suzuki X90 Series SZ416 (ÑØÀ), SZ416, Êóçîâ. Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé Suzuki.

It looks exactly like the AC system I removed (day before yesterday) from a junkyard '98 Sidekick. I suspect it is the same "kit" for your X90. You need the kit for the G16 powered TracKick. (The Kit is different Sport (J18) and non-Sport (G16) as the engine bay piping, compressor and wiring are different.) I actually saw the part number for the whole kit once... not that anyone would have a new off the shelf kit to sell you!

Speaking of a kit, something to note is that AC units were designed to be a dealer installed option. So you really do not need to remove much to install it in the car it was designed for. (That is why the lines and hoses run over the radiator and get in the way when pulling the motor.) Too bad the kit was designed for the earlier TracKicks and the redesign of the dash (1996) made it a pain to get the "UNIT, COOLING" out. I had to disassemble the dash, removing everything (structure) from the glove box down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts