Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Southern California !

As the title suggests - I'm looking for a passenger door power window regulator.

Haven't even owned the car for a week... and the window failed :(

Thanks in advance,
Steve W

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I've just had a look and it appears different to the sidekick which I'm sure will make it hard to find. I found genuine ones but you don't want to know what they cost. Have you checked the simple stuff like switches first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Darrell -

I didn't get a chance to do much investigation yet... that's my plan for today.

It could be switches or connections - but I'm expecting the motor is gone or the regulator linkage is bound up somehow.

And... with the help of our friends from Google - I found this:

"Been searching for a reasonably priced fix to those notoriously slow electric windows? I was so frustrated with mine. New replacements are $435.00 from Suzuki Car Parts. We cleaned everything and re-greased. It helped but they still suck...My son just bought a 97 today and the windows work great. The previous owner found by much trial and error that Geo Prizm electric motors are a perfect fit and the windows in this car work great. The only thing is a Prizm right fits an X-90 left and of course the Prizm left fits the X-90 right. He bought at NAPA for $58.00 each and got $20.00 back for returning the old ones for a core. How cool is that? I'm going to NAPA on Monday and get new ones ordered for my 96, no more slow windows for me!"

and this:

"A couple of years when I got my x90, my window motor was bad. I got the motor out and went on ebay and search on window motors. I just looked at the photos until I saw something that looked the same. It was a toyota and I think it was a camry and it was around the same year. It was something like 93-99. But, it was reversed. You need the pass motor from the toyota for the drivers side and vice versa.
I changed computers and everything got dumped on the new one and I cant locate the photo or the vendor or the email. it was something like $50 for a new one. Found it ... 97-01 Camry - Rt side camry is Lt side X90 etc."

Amazing thing this interweb... :)

SteveWWW
1997 X-90
Southern California

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...

After quite a bit of disassembly and diagnostic work - I'm embarrassed to report that it was simply the "window lock" button oven on the drivers side panel :(

SteveWWW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts