Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB....TOW BAR -BRACKET 97 GEO TRACKER SUV 4 DOOR 4X4 5 SPEED 1.6

I want to tow this vehicle out West to my coyote hunting grounds next month, and after reading a few threads, I realize that I need some kind of bracket that fits on the frame, which then allows the tow bar to be attached.
I'd rather not take the bumper off, but if I have to, then that monkey will not stop this circus from happening.

My hope is that some of you Serious Guys, might have a good answer for me.... and you might even have some homemade brackets laying around that I could buy.... any help WILL BE APPRECAITED.

AND... are there any secrets to towing these things....?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Your best bet is to check the nearest RV dealer. Towing Trackers, Sidekicks and Vitaras is a common thing to them.

Also, there should be instructions in the owners manual on the topic of flat-towing. I am familiar with first-gen procedures. You can find them with a search for tow at Ack's FAQ (see link in signature, below), but there may be a difference in the second-gen procedure that I am not aware of.

Don't forget to unlock the steering column before flat-towing!

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get around in ACK.... do I have to pay the $5.00 to get started with them...?

Surely someone has a bracket for sale... or one they can make up for sale....surely...LOL

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have sent you a PM...

Ack's FAQ is Free. You should be able to search by clicking on the blue word "Search" in the home page.

Donations are always appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duh... now I got it... I was clicking on the 4x4 link, which brought up a world of stuff that threw my head into a tail spin...LOL. The search in the blue box DOES WORK WONDERFUL.... thanks so much... sorry for being such a NEWBIE.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Duh... now I got it... I was clicking on the 4x4 link, which brought up a world of stuff that threw my head into a tail spin
Hey thanks for voting for Ack's FAQ at Top4x4sites.com, he4gives!

Right now, Ack's FAQ is ranked at 16!

....which is actually pretty meaningless.:lol::lol::lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts