Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this site. I am looking to buy a Sidekick or Tracker Tintop. I would like to install a small plow of use in may driveway. I know some of you might think this is nuts ,but I am getting older and the body does not take hours of snowblower use anymore. My question is will a auto trans work OK. Thanks for your help. Paul

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I have a Snowbear plow on my 95 Tracker, 2 dr., 1.6, 16v, A/T, and it pushes fine, but not well for backdragging (no down force pressure), and only manual angle feature. If I had my druthers, it would be a small hydraulic unit. Do a search on Plowsite.com for Geo Tracker and/or Suzuki Sidekick. BTW, what's your location?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
-- I assume you want a 4x4 as you want to use as a snow plow.
-- What condition would be acceptable? (Nice un-rusted, or a banged up, rusty, just for off road rig?)
-- Where are you located and how far would you travel?
-- Two door or four door? In the US, 2 door tin tops were sold up to '95 as Trackers, only 91 or so as Sidekicks. so two door tin tops in good shape are harder to find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replys, I am in northern Colorado. Looking for 2dr4x4 tintop auto trans. Would like a nice ready to use vehicle. a/c would be nice. Willing to travel reasonable distance. Have truck and trailer. Paul

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would not rule out the convertible with removable hardtop as many sold around here came with the hardtop and tin tips being uncommon you may find a better deal that way. Many on this site like the 8v for the simplicity and ease of repair but it all comes down to the deal you get. Auto trans in most cases are the 3 sp 3l30 gm trans and is simple and durable. Good luck with this

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Are you asking me?

If so, while I have a few "kicks," I am not currently thinking of selling any of them... especially not my two door tin top! (But as it doesn't currently have a motor, transmission, wiring harness or any sheet metal in front of the firewall, I doubt you'd want it. ;) )

I just asked a clarifying question or two to refine what you seemed to be looking for. Then searched fairly local to you. The 1994 Geo Tracker I listed first seemed to be the closest to what you are asking for, and from the ad, seems to be a good buy... but has a 5 speed. If you are willing to settle for a convertible and find a fiberglass top for it... there are other rigs available.

Note: I didn't like the way the rear hatch on the after market hard top worked so I sold my first 2 door Kick. Look at how you open and close one before you commit to this route.

As you mentioned "AC," I am thinking you might be planing to use it for something other than a snow plow. (Do you REALLY need air conditioning in a snow plow?) If so, you might want to consider a 4 door. It is only slightly longer, but rides a LOT better. The extra room inside is a bonus. Plus there are more of them available than two door tin tops.

Once you figure out what you want, you can search the web as well as I.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your help. I must have misunderstood your last reply. What I thought was a list of your vehicles included one 1992 Suzuki sidekick for sale. I plan on using the vehicle in the summer months also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.