Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help....

I used to have a Jeep Cherokee, and lifted it and put 31x10.50's on it. Killed my power output. Didn't re-gear. Lost it in a divorce.... Long, sad story.

Now I have a 88 Sammi, I've had one before but stupidly sold it. This sammi is great, desert tan in color, 85,000 miles, HAS AIR CONDITIONING! It's been towed behind a motor home it's whole life.

Everything is stock. It runs great.

I'm looking for a lift kit that will allow me to run larger tires, but I know 31's will kill the power without re-gearing. The 3 inch SPOA's are too much for my tastes, this has to be a daily driver.

On a budget. In this part of the country, a few weeks looking on Craigslist will come up with some tires.

How badly will 235/75x15's kill my power? The poor little engine struggles at 65 MPH. I need to still maintain 65. I don't care about gearing down in the mountains.

And what kind of lift do I need to run that? Those tires are a dime a dozen around here. Normally $100 for a set of four. This is oilfield country, lots of used tires.

Thanks guys.

Stubbs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put the OME springs on mine which lifts it 2" and run 235/75R15 which are 29". 30's will fit and it does drag it down, lucky to do 60mph unless it's flat and no wind blowing. But it is very drivable till you can get some Tcase gears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts