Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wish I had before pics as this thing was so nasty from being left outside with no top from the guy I got it from... but alas I do not. :)

I've washed the hell out of it then armor-alled the dash with a zillion coats. I ordered lots of missing parts like shifter knobs, just about everything for the doors (levers, lever trim, paneling, outside handles, window cranks, pull handles), all the mirrors, floor mats, windshield wipers arms, ash tray, glove compartment... ah lots of little things.

And an outside pic after I put on the mirrors.

I got some cosmetic things done to motivate me to do some suspension work. Learning a lot as its my first thing I've worked on, but been fun so far.

:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the same steering wheel in mine and I need to take it off so I can realign it after suspension work.

How's it come off? I need to pry the piece with the GT logo off, right?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Nice cleanup!

Steering wheel - the grant wheel is easy to pull.

- disconnect battery (horn)
- use flat tipped screwdriver to pop button off (you can slide it in from the side)
- Remove the bolts that hold electrics in place under the button
- disconnect the horn wire
- loosen the main steering wheel nut so that the nut is flush with the main shaft
- Pull up hard on the wheel while you have someone lightly tap on the threaded main shaft
- remove nut and wheel
- done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts