Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here from Sweden. I have a grand vitara xl7 2002. When I turn key in front door it won't open the rest of the doors. But when I lock the front door and the passenger door then the rest of the doors closes without any problem? Please help me guys .

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
There may be a bit of a "language barrier" in play here - to my mind it might help if you explained the symptom using the terms open & close for when the door physically moves - as in you hold the door and pull it open or push it closed, and lock & unlock for operation of the lock mechanism.

You cannot pull the door open if it has been locked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes of course my bad, it is the lock&unlock problem I have. I can lock all the doors when i manually open them one by one and then lock them. But I can't unlock them when turn the key open as normal. Only my side of the door is opening.

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
Unfortunately, it is still not clear what is not working correctly - as far as I can tell - it seems that you can lock all the doors from the driver's side using the key, but not un-lock them - is that correct?

Can you lock & unlock all the doors from the control panel on the driver's door? Can you lock & unlock all the doors from the passenger side or the tail gate using the key?

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
Turn key twice to unlock position in drivers door to unlock all doors if yours has central locking.

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
Turn key twice to unlock position in drivers door to unlock all doors if yours has central locking.
As far as I am aware, the central locking on an 02 XL-7 does not operate like that - one "click" in the appropriate direction will either lock or unlock the entire vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that is correct, I can lock them but not unlock them from the driver's side. I can only lock them from the control panel also,not unlock them. The same as passengers side and from the tailgate, can lock all doors but not unlock them. Can It be a broken wire from the driver's side between the door ?

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
I'd say a broken wire is unlikely, but not impossible - the challenge here for me is accurately determining which vehicle you have. What does your dash look like? Are the air conditioner/heater controls horizontal sliders or three round knobs?

You're going to need to get an auto-electrician to trace the wiring back from the door controls to the keyless controller to determine exactly where the problem lies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd say a broken wire is unlikely, but not impossible - the challenge here for me is accurately determining which vehicle you have. What does your dash look like? Are the air conditioner/heater controls horizontal sliders or three round knobs?

You're going to need to get an auto-electrician to trace the wiring back from the door controls to the keyless controller to determine exactly where the problem lies.

Okey i Will check the cables. I have horizontal sliders

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
I've attached an extract from the wiring diagrams - it should match your vehicle.

You'll see the key switches are all in parallel so any one switch should unlock the entire vehicle, the fact that none of them unlock the vehicle suggests the keyless controller or the connection to it is more likely to be the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've attached an extract from the wiring diagrams - it should match your vehicle.

You'll see the key switches are all in parallel so any one switch should unlock the entire vehicle, the fact that none of them unlock the vehicle suggests the keyless controller or the connection to it is more likely to be the problem.
Thank you. I Will look it up. It will take me a while to fix everything. I'll update you and thanx again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts