Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
you sure its not a chevy aka gm harness. Metra 80-2003? if not can you take a pic of your factory wiring harness?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I will check it out.

Out of curiousity if I were to swap the speakers in the front which i believe everyone states that they are 6.5's with tweeters on the top/ Can I swap the speakers with regular 6.5 3 ways or will it interfere with the tweeters etc?

(sorry audio nub - my civic was so much easier :p )

·
Registered
99 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue, as I'm sure the stock tweeters have their own seperate crossover.

Someone else may chime in, though.

What's a wiring harness? (j/k) Go old school and track & tap wires. Can't believe no one does that anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you oh humble guru. :D

By anychance you wouldn't know how what the specs on the stock speakers would be would you? They sound nice but just ain't loud enough. I pump it at 40 and my bass just overpowers it. I only have 1 10" Rockford P2 even when lowering the bass down to the min the speakers by then are just as clear.

Any suggestions on good speakers?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have no idea what the stockers are, ain't pulled 'em yet to find out. Only had the car 3 weeks and it's already pushin high 140's from the sub (butt dyno estimate, official numbers to come this weekend), tinted and new head unit. Components come next.

I've become a recent fan of Digital Designs, for obvious reasons. I've also heard a lot of great regarding PowerBass for the money. I dunno how Pioneer's kept up their lines, recently. CDT (i think?) was doing really well there for a bit, but I haven't heard as much about the in the past few months.

·
Registered
418 Posts
the speakers for the reno fronts are 6.5'' with 1'' tweeter rears are 5.25'' with 1'' tweeter, stocks speakers are 20watts rms 40watts peak,
My next sub Fi Car Audio 15" BL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts