Suzuki Forums banner

wiring harness

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  gigarange 
#1 ·
where does the data input plug go ? from a converted wiring harness..
thanks for the help

#2 ·
Welcome to Suzuki-Forums!

You need to specify exactly what year and model vehicle you have before anyone can respond properly. Many of the vehicles in this particular forum do not have "data input plugs" - or more precisesly, OBD data ports.

I suspect you may be talking about a Jimny. Unfortunately, Jimnys are/were not sold in North America so a lot of us cannot answer that question...

So, please provide more information so we can help you!!

#4 ·
That looks like a 1.6 16V, if you are referring to the OBD port then it will depend on whether its an OBD1 or OBD2 ECU.

#5 ·
This is a conversion harness out of 1998 sidekick into samari .. the data imput is slightly
longer that the plugs for ecu ... by about 4 inches ... did I not post on sidekick or samari forum ?? Is there a site I can visit with wire harness connections ... since it seems so technical ????

#6 ·
I have 3 grey connectors that i believe go into ecm > then a brown plug that is taged input data control..Am I missing something ? do they all some how plug into ecm ?? I don't think so .It looks like brown goes elsewhere .. I just checked tag again and it say's data link connector . So it's a Data Link Connector >about 10 internal prongs > about 1 and 1/4 inches long . thanks for help

#9 ·
A 1998 Sidekick will have an J1962 (OBD2) connector which is 16-pins, you may be missing a harness that goes between the brown connector and the DLC. This is a J1962 connector:

If that is the connector that you have then it is usually just fitted under the dashboard, it is for plugging in a scan tool.

#11 ·
Rhino > 95% that is the critter, > but I have the end that plugs into what u displayed
in pic . I don't have mount ,nor that on hardware on sami .
So I take it I must mount that data link >or supply a missing piece 2 mount that my harness might plug into .. More than likely the first scenario .. lol I would have been looking for a long time for somewhere too plug it into ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.