Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Anybody got the wire diagram for the steering wheels?
I'm trying to read the signals for when you press volumeUp\Down, Mute\Seek etc.

My goal is to be able to control the volume and other task on my tablet which Im gonna replace my radio with.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Haven't done it myself but no doubt you would measure the resistance between the two wires to decode each of the buttons.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good to hear you got it working! If you remember I was on this path as well some time ago, however I had to finally abandon the tablet-puter-setup after a month or two of usage due to the battery not dealing with heat well (I presume) which lead it to not keeping a charge and constantly rebooting like crazy.

What I wanted to add though, for you to consider was that I found that after some couple of start-ups the joycon would sometimes not "connect" with the tablet thus forcing me to add a physical power-button to the frame so I could flip everything off and on again instead of doing it via the ignition, your milage will hopefully be better though :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear you got it working! If you remember I was on this path as well some time ago, however I had to finally abandon the tablet-puter-setup after a month or two of usage due to the battery not dealing with heat well (I presume) which lead it to not keeping a charge and constantly rebooting like crazy.

What I wanted to add though, for you to consider was that I found that after some couple of start-ups the joycon would sometimes not "connect" with the tablet thus forcing me to add a physical power-button to the frame so I could flip everything off and on again instead of doing it via the ignition, your milage will hopefully be better though :)
Sorry that you had problems with your installation.

What tablet did you have? I use Nexus 7.

I use a custom kernel for mine, with "Fast Charge", so It will charge up really quick. And also Deep Sleep for when the ignition is off, and it should only lose 1-2% battery a night.

Other than that, i can turn off my tablet from the menus, and with this piece of code added to system: fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0
it will automatically turn on again, when i turn the ignition on.

I also got a USB powered hub where i got my FM Radio \ JoyCon connected to, did you have this? Maybe your joycon didn't get enough power?

Anyway. I will try this for a few days and see how it goes, and post up my build log of this setup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry that you had problems with your installation.

What tablet did you have? I use Nexus 7.
Indeed I used a nexus 7 (1st gen), with Timur's ROM (USB ROM for Nexus 7) but appearently fast charge was not enough for me and I know the power regulator I used had enough Juice for the tablet and usb-hub (only had joycon connected to it) :/

That bios config (boot on charge) was what caused my setup to reboot forever once the battery power was low (always towards the end). I later experimented with manually turning the tablet on so I could let it charge before turning it on but ultimately I felt as though I was loosing the point of my setup if I had no music for periods of time; I was very disheartened.

My breaking point was my tablets battery that for some reason over time lost a lot of juice and ability to charge up well, because it all worked for more than a month. Perhaps it was just too old, or something.

Off topic:
I planned on trying to bypass the battery (if it's possible to fool the tablet there is juice in the battery while supplying it from somewhere else) but lost my focus after that and finally got myself a cheap but good Sony head unit to hold me over,
until I can save up some cash to make something out of a: 2Din in Dash 7" Samsung HDMI Touch Screen Monitor Mini ITX USB SD Raspberry Pi | eBay

and a: External touchscreen control of you Android and iPhone smartphone

and possibly a: The CuBox i From SolidRun | The Little Computer that can

Just so I can full geeky control whilst also do 'real' mirroring from the phone which would be sweet :)

Yes please do keep us updated :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts