Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we bought the SX4, it was sunny. About two days later, while we're driving along, the rain stards pouring down. I turn on the wiper for the first time only to realize that only the driver side (fortunately...) was working. The passenger side was staying right there.
I stopped by the side of the road to check, and realize that the shaft was turning but not the arm. It was in fact so loose that I was able to remove the nut by hand and pulled off the wiper (to stop any more damage from occuring).
When I went to the dealer to complain about it the answer was "Well, we received those cars at the end of the winter and the change of temperature might have cause the fastening to loosen."

I'm no auto mechanic but to me, that sounds bullcrap. What do you think? Should I worry that, next winter, a wiper arm will stop moving because of change in temperature and I have to carry along tools to tighten up this nut every 2000km or every 10 degrees change???:confused:

I blame it on poor preparation from the dealer.

Pierre.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wipers

I bought my car sept '06 (soon as it hit the lot) silver. auto. not sport. I live in the mountains of WV so we have some pretty rough winters and i didnt experience any problems with mine. Dealership could be full of crap just like the one here, but they are carsalesman haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts