Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is some tearing of the metal under the pass side wiper pivot. I used a wire wheel to clean them up good and hit it with penetrating oil overnight and still it will NOT come off. I can turn it until the plate on the inside turns to, I grab that with some giant slip joint pliars but still not able to hold it tight enough to stop it. I'm damn glad I have a fold down windscreen. How can I hold that plate tight enough or how does this work. I would rather not cut it off, it works just fine other than having to come off so I can access the metal underneath to repair.

What is the secret to their removal?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried welding the plates together in a couple spots and that didnt work so I just welded up the metal that I could reach without disassembly. I guess I'll order new pivots and cut the old ones off. I guess once they are seized thats the only way. BTW it seems to have worked, they function and no flex.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think my splitter is a little smaller than that nut, its locked up in town and would be tricky to get to. I considered carving it off with the dremel but ended up just doing what I could with it in place and it seems to have worked. I'll probably order new pivots and install them in the spring.

I need it to be ready for winter use. It's not unheard of to get early freak blizzards. I wont soon forget what happened here in Oct 2013, it was both brutal and unexpected. Shes almost ready, rust proofing done and all set for a nasty winter again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts