Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting about a month ago a noise developed when I use the front windshield wipers. When to the dealer for something else and they told me my front windshield linkage is starting to bind. Is there any tutorial or how-to on how to access this linkage, so that I can grease it ?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I can only offer this from the workshop manual and parts list. Think most of the linkage is plastic bushed so shouldn't seize. I guess your just have to try and locate the tight part. I would suspect its the last bit where the wiper arms connect to, but kind of guessing really.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
check the actual pivots the wiper arms are attached to, I have found these can get corroded and bind up. Very rare for the linkage itself to bind. The wiper motors however can get slow and squeaky as the grease in them dries out. Easy enough to check. Disconnect the linkage from the motor and start wiggling things around till you find the tight bit. You can run the motor with the arms disconnected with no issues.

I have had success with a good penetrating oil to free the shafts up, then regularly put a couple of drops of a 50/50 mix of ATF and kerosene on the shafts over a couple of weeks. The kero "wicks" the atf down the shafts and evaporates leaving the ATF as a lube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts