Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Mom and dad were 1st cousins-fix #1 & 2*

Although My normal supplier had some working linkages to send at a very good price I felt compelled try and repair this myself. Results are great.

The issue I had was the white nylon cup that presses into the arm wore around the OD and allowed the arm to fall off and become trapped between the wiper actuator and linkage arm. Snapping the arm back onto the nylon cup lasts maybe 2 seconds. Epoxy and JB weld were failed long-shots. Operation was noisy and kinda-sorta still worked with very limited ROM. Definitely unacceptable in rain/snow. I understand this is a common failure so here is my fix. So far have about 30-45 minutes of flawless wiper operation after the fix so I believe it will last.

The fix was to remove the arm and nylon cup, clean everything up. Use some scrap steel to fabricate a reinforcement. Hold together GENTLY with a vise-grip, just enough to take out any slop or play and hold the cup firmly in the linkage. I used a 110 Lincoln weld pack wire-feed and did quick zap/quick dunk into a water bucket which was a bit of rinse/repeat but controlled heat enough to keep from destroying the nylon cup.

My camera is ailing but it should be clear enough. Also snapped a couple shots of a Sidekick washer reservoir/pump motor installed in the Sami. One L bracket welded above HL and running the wires from DS to PS. Using the OEM Sami switch and nozzle with new hose (keeping the Sidekick check valve in place) and it works amazingly well.
Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional pics that didn't post in the first post.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts