Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there owners out there that have driven the SX4 crossover automatic AWD in snowy and icy conditions?
What tyres were you using, regular all seasons, winter or winter studded?
Reason of my asking is that I find the car a bit light compared to our other AWD. (On the XC70 we have Michelin Ice) Not sure they will do the job on the Sx4! any recommendations?
Thanks guys,

·
Registered
57 Posts
We haven't had ours in the snow yet either, but we live in the mountains, and since my wife primarily drives the car, I bought 4 Blizzak snow tires. The factory tires just did not look adequate for snow and ice. I got a good deal on four factory wheels that were take off's. I'll put the tires on the car in mid November. Being the car is primarily front wheel drive, with the rear wheels kicking in for the AWD, it should go well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Winter!

Yes, do agree that the stock 205/60/16 M+S will not be of much help in winter (local laws oblige us to have true winter tires with the montain and snow flake logo). I am looking at the Blizzak WS60 like you mention but not sure yet if we should consider studded tires and the Blizzaks do not offer this possibility.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm using Blizzaks too, as in NJ studs are forbidden. Blizzaks and Nokians approach performance of studded tires on ice, but if I had a choice, I'd go studded snows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)Thanks for the answer FB,
Did go to my dealer this morning and even if they had a special on Toyo for winter tires, had them order the 205 60 R16 Nokian Hakka 5 studded. It set me back 784$ Cdn plus local taxes, balanced and installed, Cheaper than 1010tires.com and other Net dealers. Can not have them installed before October 15th, will let you know how they feel on ice and deep snow later this fall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts