Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a little help here. I have an 89 Samurai and I need to take the windshield washer spray nozzle off, it is severely plugged and I want to replace the water line. The nozzle seems to twist to disengage but it wont come out of the cowl. Is there a clip or something on the under side of the dash holding it on?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
212 Posts
When mine plugged up, used the wire from my wire brush to poke into the hole.
Had a buddy press the switch as the probe was in place...soon the crap dribbled then spurted out. Problem solved.
Much easier than dis-assembly.

·
Super Moderator
12,171 Posts
I've never looked at Samurai nozzles but I'd expect them to be similar to other Suzuki nozzles, in which case they will have two plastic prongs on the underside, you can depress them with a small screwdriver and slip the nozzle through the hole.

I've been replacing mine with Dorman nozzles from the local autoparts chain - the Dorman have a nut to hold them on, making them a little more "fiddly" to install.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Aw nuts!

I have removed this as part of a restore and there is a nut that holds it on from the back. When I bought my other 88 the only thing that did not work correctly was the washer squirter. The Pump worked but nothing came out. I first tried compressed air on the hose where it connects to the pump, no luck. Then I held my finger over one of the nozzle holes while I blew air into the other. POP! Went the line off the nozzle from inside. I put a number 3 Phillips bit in my impact driver and removed all the screws that hold the windshield onto the body and let it tilt forward onto the hood. Re attached the hose tilted the window back up to the supports and tried the squirter for the heck of it and it worked. Hope just the air works for you. If not it only took me 10 min to find my tools and loosen all them screws. I installed a fold down kit when I put it back together( I had one sitting around) hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts