Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys,ive got a windsheild washer line loose or cracked, how big of a gob is it to get to that by dropping the windsheild, 1or2 man job? thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks,..im trying to deside if i would ever fool with folding the windsheild down enough to buy the kit

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I actually posted the link the last time to show you the parts you would be working with.

If you get the kit, you can compete installation by yourself. Start replacing parts on the outside left, right, then inside left, right, then upper bars.
Otherwise, start on the inside, both sides, then the upper bars, then get a friend to hold one side when you pull the outer plates. Use a blanket on the hood and gently lay the glass down. 30 minutes...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i saw your link,i was just curious on what kind of gob i was getting into..dont forget im new with the sami's

·
Registered
293 Posts
The 6 screws on the front windshield brackets is your only problem if they are the originals. Most of the exterior body and roll bar screws use the special Suzuki threadlocker and are a pain to remove.

You can try an impact screwdriver or use the cold chisel method of notching the screw head and trying to turn the screw that way.

When I removed mine a few months ago, I heated the screw head with a propane torch which melted the threadlocker. This allowed the screw to be removed using a regular phillips head screwdriver. The problem with heating the screw head is damaging the paint around the bracket. Take a piece of aluminum like a license plate and cut a small hole the size of the screw head. Put the alum plate over the bracket so the the flame cannot heat the paint. A little piece of fiberglass mat under the alum wouldn't hurt.

I didn't use a cover since I was planning on repainting soon, so you can see what can happen if you are not careful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haptown,thanks allot for info and taking the time to get a picture..i new buy looking at it, it looked to easy, and there would be something like the thread lock as u mentioned to make an easy job a pain an the a$$..thanks allot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts