Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Windscreen Wipers on my Vitara 2019 1.4 Boosterjet All Wheel Drive need replaced.

All shopping results online seem to deliver the whole wiper for both sides.
Is there not an option to just replace the rubber inserts?

Thank you

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
Maybe it's where you're shopping?

Suzuki supplies the rubber inserts separately, 38346-54P00 for the driver's side & 38346-54P10 for the passenger side.

Considering that SGP + shipping will probably cost you more than a decent aftermarket wiper, personally I can't be bothered to go to the trouble of replacing the rubber inserts, new blade assemblies, five minutes per side and I'm done, without the risk of bending or damaging anything.

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
I've used RainX Latitude for years, saw a drop in the quality, tried Champion Contact, and I've now switched to the Bosch Icons - superb product.

·
Registered
2021 Vitara SZ-T Manual
40 Posts
I was surprised the wiper blades on my year old Vitara have failed after about 8,000 miles - juddering across the screen because the rubber had hardened and not turning over.
Previously had good results with Vipa replacements on other cars so replaced with them from Amazon.

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
I was surprised the wiper blades on my year old Vitara have failed after about 8,000 miles
First time I've seen someone measure "wiper life time" in miles - would that be 8000 miles of driving with the wipers on, or just 8000 miles of driving?

I think most people measure it in years, and my wife's car, which by the way is daily driven, still has the original wiper blades after a decade of use - her car, unlike mine is almost never parked in the sun, mine, on the other hand is almost never parked in the shade, wiper blades tend to last me about a year or a little more before they start to skip & chatter. Exposure to sun, salt, air (and rain) borne contaminants, they all have an impact on wiper blade longevity.

·
Registered
2021 Vitara SZ-T Manual
40 Posts
That was 8,000 total miles the car recorded. I normally get 2-3 years out of a set of blades although I did have a new Hyundai on which the blades split after about 3 months!

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
That was 8,000 total miles the car recorded. I normally get 2-3 years out of a set of blades although I did have a new Hyundai on which the blades split after about 3 months!
I would expect that from a hianddri

I got 5 years out of the originals on the gv which is garaged, I average 1 maybe 2 winters on a set on the swift, that lives outside.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
13,254 Posts
Are you suggesting you don't have to wait for those pesky rubber strings to form, Hmmm!

First freeze, the ice creates a new wiping area, peels the strands right off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts