Suzuki Forums banner

windscreen washer jets.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Oriskany 
#1 ·
Just curious really, i have an Alto SZ4 2012, the windscreen washer jets won't adjust, they are probably seized, so i looked online, they are very cheap to replace, i looked under the bonnet to check what type i have, of course they are not easy to get at! has anyone removed theirs? do you have to remove the wiper arms so that the cover lifts out? or how does the cover come off that the nozzles sit in?

#2 ·
#3 ·
I bet they aren't siezed, just bloody tight in the housings. The ball is very very tight in the socket and any road grime only helps to maintain their position

Yes you were right! i finally freed them by using one of the wifes sewing needles:D, i am not very popular at the moment because it bent the needle a bit! but i can now adjust the jets, thanks for the reply.

#4 ·
Or use a needle...yeah, been there and broke one off in a jet which is why I didn't suggest it.

Glad you got them adjusted.

#5 ·
On a similar note the rear washer on my 1999 993 Alto was working but was very weak although the pump sounded healthy. The reason for this was that the flexible hose that feeds the washer had partially fractured near the offside tailgate hinge and most of the water was venting into the interior of the tailgate. I have fixed this for now with waterproof tape but may need to use some heatshrink tubing in the future - a job not made easier by the presence of a long spring inside the tube in that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.