Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any specific recommendations on window tracks before I pick up a set of the rubber ones on Ebay?

I'm totally missing the rear edge on the driver's window and I bet getting it fixed will eliminate some more rattles.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yeah that sucker bangs around a lot. be sure you have those tension spring clips that sit in the track that hold the window against the felts. It takes a while to work the rubber in so that it doesn't bind against the window, but once they aren't as grippy, its pretty nice. I'd get the felts though if I had to do it again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am replacing mine on the weekend with extra long felt ones. I AM SOOO SICK OF THAT RATTLE!!!! :mad::mad::mad: But I was thinking about just buying an extra long amount of the felt type of it so it runs the entire way down to the base. And I was also trying to glue it in place somehow so that it doesn't shift around everytime i wind my window up or down. Is this a bad idea? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
use the adhesive back window and door insulation felt you get from the hardware store. Running it to the bottom of the window channel isn't a bad idea at all. The window Does rattle around a bit when its down, I may just pull my panels off and put some felts down inside the channel a little ways.

Reason that I'd use felt instead of rubber next time, is that the rubber grabs at the window when you roll it up and down. I've had mine in for about a year now and it's worn in so that it doesn't grab anymore, but it took several months and I attribute the 3 window crank handles that I went through in that time period to the rubber moulding grabbing the window while I was cranking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok well what I am going to do tomorrow is I am going to buy about 4m of it.. My drivers side door already has all new seals except for right down the bottom of the track. So.. What I am going to do is do the seal in the passenger side so that the seals finish just underneath the glass when the window is fully shut. Than cut two pieces about 10cm long and glue them at the very bottom of the door so it doesn't rattle at all and that way the seal doesn't slip all the way off the door like previously! :D And likewise for the driver side window.. This a goodish idea?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did it this arvo... :D :D :D Took me about half an hour with a bit of fiddling..
All I did was take the door panel off, wind the window all the way down and insert one end into either side as far down the tracks into the door as I could get it. Than ran it around the top runner on the window and into the other side.
Then just did two bits from inside the door frame up. I just put a dab of Super Glue on both ends of the short inside pieces and just slid them into place.
Than I pulled out the very top two corners and put a dab of super glue inside the corners. Than just wound the window all the way up :D
Now there is NO rattle at all!!! SOOO HAPPPPYYY :D :D :D
P.S: I used the felt, I went into a rubber shop and took in my old piece and they gave me a few samples. Took them home and tested which one fit best, then bought 4.5m of it at $9.50/Meter.
And that did both sides. A little bit expensive but hey.. No damn rattle!!! :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts