Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m new to the forum so be gentle.

I’ve got an 07 plate SX4 and the wipers on the front are acting strange.
If I push the stalk upwards they aren’t doing a full rotation and are stopping half way so I’m having to hold the stalk up for them to go all the way up and back down to resting.

If I press the stalk down they will do the rotations just fine on there own on any speed.

I have changed the wiper motor, blades, arms, wind screen itself (unrelated issue) and the stalk. Still no joy. The relays seem fine and fuses....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
835 Posts
..If I push the stalk upwards they aren’t doing a full rotation and are stopping half way ...
YOu mean that the wipers stop at the exact moment you release the "stalk" ?

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Hi all,

I’m new to the forum so be gentle.

I’ve got an 07 plate SX4 and the wipers on the front are acting strange.
If I push the stalk upwards they aren’t doing a full rotation and are stopping half way so I’m having to hold the stalk up for them to go all the way up and back down to resting.

If I press the stalk down they will do the rotations just fine on there own on any speed.

I have changed the wiper motor, blades, arms, wind screen itself (unrelated issue) and the stalk. Still no joy. The relays seem fine and fuses....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
ok, replaced wiper motor, its not the park switch, hmmm....BCM issue maybe, ill have to go check my diagrams.

·
Registered
835 Posts
In case it can help
www.avigex.ca/sx4/wipercircuit.pdf
WHen you stop the motion from HI or LOW speed in the middle of the cycle, does it return normally to park ?....since the completion of cycle and return to park is controlled by the cam switch inside the motor unit, a "no return" condition would not make the difference between "mist" and HI/LO

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
In case it can help
www.avigex.ca/sx4/wipercircuit.pdf
WHen you stop the motion from HI or LOW speed in the middle of the cycle, does it return normally to park ?....since the completion of cycle and return to park is controlled by the cam switch inside the motor unit, a "no return" condition would not make the difference between "mist" and HI/LO
I thought that and the only thing that would make sense is no ground on 13, but as you say they wouldn't ever park and the washers wouldn't work either. Strange one this :wacko::wacko:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts