Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my used Kizashi abt 3 weeks ago. As it is currently winter and raining in Australia, did not have have a chance to drive it with windows down.

Yesterday was clear blue skies so I did. And OMG! As soon as I got up to approx 60km/hr with the rear windows down, there was a constant thumping coming from the rear. It was a low bass sound. Anybody else experience this problem?

However if the front windows are down, no such problem.

·
Registered
616 Posts
First, I would like to say that I have no experience with a Kizashi.

That said, my 2014 Ford Transit Connect minivan will develop a thrumming beat when I drive it past 60 kph with the rear window(s) down.

In my case it is caused by some sort of airflow problem inherent with the vehicle's design. It is like I am driving a giant ocarina.

There is not much I can do to solve the problem other than to not drive at high speeds with the rear windows down. This, unfortunately, may also be your problem too.

Perhaps someone with a Kizashi can comment on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but mine feels like more being on the inside of a bass drum. The only way around is to open one rear and one front. I think that makes the air flow better or smoother. But hey I don't have to fake a headache!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts