Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So mate dealing with rusty underside on thursday, Hammerite job. Brakes fixed, rattle not, rear shocks only replaced under warranty, topped 66.9mpg today, so celebrated by ordering a set of Climair wind deflectors. 90 odd pounds and 8/10 days del from germany as I wanted clear not tinted. Yes I know tint looks better, but at my age I need all the help I can get to see who is tailgating. And they do. Iggy (my friend calls her zanussi,) seems to attract the nutters. I dont crawl but do try to stick to the speed limits having got caught first day of lockdown with empty roads. I have a online speed awareness course on 13/8 If I can make my video conference camera work that is. Re Climair. Could not work out how to order online, but a call to sidcup ended with a helpful young man who spoke perfect english (he agreed clear is best) and did the order easy peasy. Thank god for a voice on the telephone. Reason for deflectors is Im already missing my sunroof, and find the noise on main road with window open a bind.
Cheers Colin

·
Registered
950 Posts
On your point of lock-downs, with empty roads and border policing, I found that because most of our police were moved to border protection and the streets became lawless to a degree. Nearly every night we had to listen to speed limiter (revs) testing and we also had new line markings every morning. Also sitting on the speed limit was causing road rage and double unbroken lines meant nothing. Has anyone else noticed that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I certainly have. Here in Devon we had about 4 weeks of bliss with hardly any traffic and no polluting aircraft, but now its worse than ever, with millions of trippers and everybody seems to have lost their manners and drive like they are king of the road. In particular the mothers seem to be out in force in their big 4x4s with one child who has to be taken 50yards to a friends house, (thankfully the school run hasnt returned yet). Why is everyone in such a hurry, they are happy to que at tesco but loose all reason as soon as they get behind the wheel. Just saying. Cheers Colin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Climair deflectors arrived yesterday 7 days special manufacture in clear from Germany. Bit of hassle with drivers door due to window tilting on closing, remedied by spraying with silicon, left for 24hrs as recommended without reopening windows. Went for lengthy test drive today, Temp 29 degrees windows down, like driving a convertible, fab. buffeting thing of the past. £97 well spent. Well pleased. Occasional rattle still present, sounds like rear door. but nowhere near as bad as it was.Cheers Colin

buff
etin
g

1 - 4 of 4 Posts