Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

New guy from Norway here. I got a stock -08 GV 1.9 DDIS.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the tyre/wheel combo I'm thinking about will fit my car without rubbing and no mods.

8x16" et +25
235/70-16 BFG Muds

My concern isn't really the tyre size, but the tyre size combined with the 20mm lower offset and wider rim.

Anyone?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi!

New guy from Norway here. I got a stock -08 GV 1.9 DDIS.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the tyre/wheel combo I'm thinking about will fit my car without rubbing and no mods.

8x16" et +25
235/70-16 BFG Muds

My concern isn't really the tyre size, but the tyre size combined with the 20mm lower offset and wider rim.

Anyone?
Make sure to have the correct center hub adapter and bolt pattern for the wheel. It should fit. Not sure if it will rub. Test fitting the tire before you buy would be wise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

The rim has a 5x114.3/4,5 bolt pattern and a 71,6mm centerhole so I'll keep the center hub adapters in mind since the original is 60,1mm as far as I'm concerned.

My very limited skills in math tells me this rim will be about 39mm further out than the original 6,5x16" et45.

Anyone else with experience with 8x16 et25 and BFG mud 235/70-16" on GV?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked at your pictures numerous times and I love your setup!

I have finally come across some steelies that I wanted in the first place.

So this is the most likely setup:

Dotz Dakar 7x16" ET+30
Insa Turbo Sahara 235/70-16

I hope they will fill out the wells, but I'll adjust with spacers if necessary to get the right look.
The other option for this rim is with ET+13 and I'm pretty sure that will give me trouble since the tires are a little bigger than other 235/70-16 tires.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well if you wanna use +13ET and the wheel radius is smaller with approx 1.4cm in your case than mine i am 80% sure that it will be ok. I don't wanna influence in the wrong way so that's why i say 80% . If you have a lift kit installed than i am sure that you will not have problems with your setup. But if you can try them before it's much safer :) , in my case wasn't possible because i have ordered them from USA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, you make me think here.
Your's are 8x16" ET+10 and the Dotz are 7x16" ET+30. That will bring the Dotz 32,7mm inwards the well compared to your rims?

How far outside the fender are your rims?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have just take an eye measurment :) and if i look right from top side of the wheel/fender it looks like the rim is exactly alined with the fender. I can not tell you exactly because of the baloon of the tire which is outwards than the rim and the fender by approx 2-3 cm .

I can say that the exterior margin threat of the tire is approx on the same plane with the fender margin... maybe 0.5-1 cm in exterior.

Maybe this picture will help you:

·
Registered
83 Posts
In my case the rubbing was small just when i was taking corners-and this was before installing my lift kit. So i would say that with 235 will be no rubbing specially if you have a lift kit installed. But probably in the back side if you don't have a lift kit when you will hit a big bump in the road you will have rubbing in the top side of the wheel, it will hit the fender when the car is in balance because the exterior threat of the tire is in the same line with the fender.But i repeat if you have a lift kit installed those problems will be no more :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Then to be 100% that you will not have rubbing go with +25 or +30 . Anyway you can use spacers if you don't like how they look but at last you are sure that will not have rubbing.
Good luck. I wait for pictures when is ready, those rims are cool !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree.
Better safe than sorry.

Spacers will do the job, as you say.

I look forward to get the car done.

White car with black rims, black bull bar, tinted windows, and other black details. Could be a winner in my mind. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.