Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at putting a hard top on my tracker and I was wondering if a hard top that came off a 92 will fit on a 98?

Thanks for the help again!

Kris

From this tracker

To this tracker

·
Registered
467 Posts
you'd have to remove those metal braces that are welded on. and then the 95-98 doesnt have all the same factory bolt holes. So if your after market top uses the bolt holes from a 92, the 95 may or may not have them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you'd have to remove those metal braces that are welded on. and then the 95-98 doesnt have all the same factory bolt holes. So if your after market top uses the bolt holes from a 92, the 95 may or may not have them.
Its going on a 98 not a 95 and your saying i will have to cut welded metal pieces in order to instalm it? I updated my first post to show the top.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
This applies to Bestop hardtops only (I have 2, one with rack, one without). Both tops came on 95s; one went on a 92, the other on a 97 without any modifications or cutting, only removal of soft top hardware except for the windshield header latches.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's the same body. Maybe a few different holes. I have the same hard top and the way it attaches is it has a lip that hooks under the roof of the cab and the front corners then 2 latches that attach to parts that are screwed into the rear behind the seat belt posts. The front top on mine uses the soft top latches and has 2 pieces that slide back to hook under the rear of the opening. I like that you can take the rear off and keep the front on to keep the sun off your head. Plus I think it looks kind of ugly with the front top off.

On a side note, while I do like my hard top a lot more than the soft top this hard top is made out of like plastic and not fiberglass. Mine started cracking in the corners from offroading and taking it on and off. I ended up building a frame out of thin tubing to support it. Super solid now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts