Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if the front bumper reinforcement for a 97 sidekick will fit a 97 tracker....I would consider putting the front bumper cover and reinforcement on if the reinforcement only works with a sidekick bumper cover....I think this will be cheaper than just getting the reinforcement for the tracker....and I like the sidekick bumpers look better than the trackers

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I KNOW the actual bumper structure is different between the 4 door and 2 doors... the frame is different so the bumper has to be different. There is a little difference between the early and later 2 door front frames, but I do not think it effects the bumper mounting. (It does effect towing brackets.) The foam looks to be the same across all models. I THINK the bumper COVERS are "fairly swappable" between years but due to the recovery hook design, not 2 door to 4 door.

Note that the covers and grilles are significantly different Tracker to Sidekick starting in 1996, so it is possible to have interference from some combinations of grilles and bumpers. Look at closely at pictures on the Internet to see what I mean. I like the Sidekick and earlier Tracker styles. Much cleaner look.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DUH I am looking for the 2 door

I sometimes forget that....to let people know WHAT vehicle I am talking about 99% of the time it is the 2dr...the 4dr is stock mint !!! looks 2 years old...the reinforcement is for the 2door

1 - 3 of 3 Posts