Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I wish to put some larger tires on my otherwise stock GV. I have the OEM 17" inch wheels ant wish to fit them with 255/65-17 Michelin Latitude Cross tires.

Will I be able to fit a tire in this size without scraping?

Bonus question: do any of you have experience with the Michelin Latitude Cross?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Dafinalione,

I have 255/70-R16 on my GV. They would be the same overall diameter as 255/65-R17.

If your OEM wheels are 17 x 6.5 inch unfortunately they wont fit safely on the rims. I think the maximum sizes for the OEM rims are 235/65-R17 or 245/70-R17.

But you can use rims 7 to 9 inches wide for the tyres you want. And they will fit on the car with minimal scraping provided your springs are either at or above the standard (as new) height.

For 17 x 7 inch wheels you'll need between +30 to +35 offset.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about 245/65-17?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would definitely fit the car without rubbing but I'm not 100% sure about the OEM rim.

I've fitted 245/70-R17 to the OEM rims but with the lower profile of 245/65-17 the tyre may not bag enough to fit the rim safely.

I think a quick call to your local tyre dealer would be a safer bet because I haven't had any experience with that tyre size.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Dafinolione,

I run Bridgestone d697s in 245 65r17 on std rims.

These did not rub on stock suspension however I only did a couple of thousand Kms before fitting the ironman lift so were still pretty new when I changed.

Just my opinion but looking at where the tred and sidewalks sit in relation to the rim, I'd probably no go wider than a 245.

Cheers
Wes

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I saw yesterday in the shopping mall a grand vitara (2006-2008 model) with Lexus rims and 255/55/17 tires. The back fit pretty good but the front looked to be to tight with the front lower bumper... maybe a half inch space available... not sure if, with suspension compression it would rub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts