Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I were out driving the other day in our 1996 Suzuki Samurai Coily (uses coil springs rather than leaf springs), when she said to me "I don't like riding in your car, it hurts when we hit potholes".

We live in Grenada, West Indies, and there are potholes everywhere, its just impossible to not hit a few when you go out for a drive.

I know what you will all have as your first suggestion, and no, I'm not going to change out my wife with a new one! In addition to being an extraordinarily expensive procedure, I really like my current model and there is no guarantee that a new model won't turn out to be a lemon.

My request is for the list of modifications you may have which would improve the Samurai ride. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks, Rhythm

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
As far as Suzuki suspensions are concerned, you already have a decent setup (coily). I would look into a better seat solution to smooth out the bumps. Here is one from Spidertrax built to bolt into a sammy.

PRP Combo Seat Kit

Also, check the air pressure in your tires. If you are running at 32-36psi, drop it to about 20psi. A sammy is lighter than most so the suggested pressure is less. More info for the sammy is on the tech plate on the side of the dashboard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I whole-heartedly agree with Bill-John...The seats make a huge difference.....been from Calgary to Key West in my Sammy and my bum is still talking to me....as well I keep my tyres at 24 pounds and the ride is better and tyre wear less....Lastly....a better quality shock absorber is worth the price....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts