Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok 02 tracker 2.5 v6. Been getting a rattling sound in the drivers side cylinder thinking its the back one. I cant find anything that would be causing the noise but I did see the plugs look like this throughout the engine. Its been burning a lot of oil but no coolant. I put these plugs in maybe 10000 miles ago. So any ideas why they look like this?

·
Super Moderator
18,191 Posts
I've never seen plugs of that type.

Maybe that odd electrode design is reason for the pronounced appearing burn condition abnormalities? :huh:

·
Super Moderator
13,070 Posts
I'd say you're using the wrong plug - and that comment has very little to do with the electrode design (which like Max I have never seen before) - the length of the insulator nose suggests it's too hot (heat range), the color suggests that either the plug is too hot or the engine is running lean, and that rattle, well, it might have been detonation, which could be caused by either a lean condition or - you guessed it - too hot a plug.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are the e3 plugs. I went to ngk plugs see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Interesting plug design.... :huh:

Keep in mind when buying plugs the OEM spec plug in the NGK range is the Laser Iridium. Best bet would be to fit the new plugs, drive it for a week or two, then recheck them. The plug boots might also be worth replacing if you haven't ever changed them.

I noticed you mentioned oil consumption - do a search for the thread on the PCV/ valve cover oil return filter blockage issue. It might apply to your engine.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting plug design.... :huh:

Keep in mind when buying plugs the OEM spec plug in the NGK range is the Laser Iridium. Best bet would be to fit the new plugs, drive it for a week or two, then recheck them. The plug boots might also be worth replacing if you haven't ever changed them.

I noticed you mentioned oil consumption - do a search for the thread on the PCV/ valve cover oil return filter blockage issue. It might apply to your engine.
I just replaced the timing set and I cleaned the valve cover out. doesnt burn any oil as of right now (just did the timing chain today) So plan to keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts