Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for mostly reno or forenza wagon people in AZ to test parts, compare stuff, or whatever... In return you can get parts at cost, free dyno, lunch, whatever we work out.

-I need a reno owner to compare door panels to see if they fit (I'd like reno door panels but don't wanna just buy them), test a cat-back on, test strut braces on, and just kinda look over at this time.

-Then I might need a wagon owner if there is any intrest in the cat-backs for the wagon.

-Then I need someone with stock exhaust to have a before and after dyno done with a cat-back, then full system.

and I'm sure more will come up.

Cheers,
Danny

·
Registered
28 Posts
kinkyllama said:
Awesome.

Are you intrested in a cat-back exhaust?
Well, I am interested in simple bolt on mods to improve performance. But price is an issue. I'm still dealing with the fact that I had to come up with a down payment for this car. It is something that I am interested in, but I do not know that I can afford anything at this time. If the price is something that I can handle, from time to time I'll test your parts. What will this exhaust run me?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
N8BHere said:
Well, I am interested in simple bolt on mods to improve performance. But price is an issue. I'm still dealing with the fact that I had to come up with a down payment for this car. It is something that I am interested in, but I do not know that I can afford anything at this time. If the price is something that I can handle, from time to time I'll test your parts. What will this exhaust run me?
'
No idea, we will be doing one on my forenza in two weeks then getting it perfect, dynoing it, then reproducing it.... Then mounting one on a reno to see what revisions the reno would need. I'd be selling it to you probably at 30% off and we'd install it....possibly even more off depending what help we need from you or how much of a hassle it is to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
kinkyllama said:
'
No idea, we will be doing one on my forenza in two weeks then getting it perfect, dynoing it, then reproducing it.... Then mounting one on a reno to see what revisions the reno would need. I'd be selling it to you probably at 30% off and we'd install it....possibly even more off depending what help we need from you or how much of a hassle it is to you.
Well, you can count me in as long as it doesn't leave too big of a hole in my pocket. Maybe we can get together some time and hash it out.

BTW isn't the Reno and the Forenza the same car just different body panels and interior.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
N8BHere said:
Well, you can count me in as long as it doesn't leave too big of a hole in my pocket. Maybe we can get together some time and hash it out.

BTW isn't the Reno and the Forenza the same car just different body panels and interior.
Yeah, except the reno has a slightly different rear end so it might be an 1" different. I want the exhaust to fit perfectly. Also I think the reno might use a bit different resonator or muffler shapes. You never really can tell, sometimes there is slight differences.

The renos front chassis is very slightly different too for the headlights.

·
Registered
259 Posts
wagon in AZ

Hey Kink - I'm still around - the black wagon that came by your place and picked up an UDP and short shifter. I'm in Mesa.

I'm still dealing with idle issues... all the way up to the regional manager for customer service, 14 trips to the dealer for an idle issue, and now fighting for Suzuki to continue trying to isolate the problem now that they've piddled around long enough for me to run outta warranty.

So, long story short, aftermarket parts installed are a bad idea right now -- but if you need reference or to check fitment, let me know. I still haven't installed my UD pulley - wanted to sort the idle issues first, and didn't want to give Suzuki any excuses.

·
Registered
28 Posts
BTW - What do those Short Shifters run?

I know that this is probably already been discussed in an other thread...

But...

What do those Short Shifters run?

TTYL

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
schoolpsych said:
Hey Kink - I'm still around - the black wagon that came by your place and picked up an UDP and short shifter. I'm in Mesa.

I'm still dealing with idle issues... all the way up to the regional manager for customer service, 14 trips to the dealer for an idle issue, and now fighting for Suzuki to continue trying to isolate the problem now that they've piddled around long enough for me to run outta warranty.

So, long story short, aftermarket parts installed are a bad idea right now -- but if you need reference or to check fitment, let me know. I still haven't installed my UD pulley - wanted to sort the idle issues first, and didn't want to give Suzuki any excuses.
Damn that really sucks. I can't beleive your having that much trouble.

Good to hear, and good luck with all that

N8BHere said:
I know that this is probably already been discussed in an other thread...

But...

What do those Short Shifters run?

TTYL
Usually just under $140 shipped but I only have one left and I think it's sold

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Danny, Im gonna be down In AZ over spring break. So if you still need somebody to test suspension parts on, I would be more then willing to help out.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Logikalone said:
Hey Danny, Im gonna be down In AZ over spring break. So if you still need somebody to test suspension parts on, I would be more then willing to help out.
I shouldn't need to test suspension parts; maybe a rear strut brace.

You have a reno right?

Then maybe a exhaust too. But I'm thinking of just renting a reno. Trying to find someone locally to build carbon hoods so I need a reno hood too

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
keep me updated on the hood situation. i need to get mine repainted but id rather get a carbon one. ny is tough on cars.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Logikalone said:
2.5 inch, and it is loud as a motha, but itll all be good with some boost.
Wow... I bet you can't stand it with the windows down. My exhaust is nearly that open, just stock headers and main CAT, and with the windows down my GF always gets a headach. Doesn't bother me much but I'm used to too much pounding bass for my own good.

bigbadmarine06 said:
id help bt im in yuma AZ for only a month and thats to work nonstop
Ahh, yeah thats a bit away. Just drove through there today on the way back from San Deigo though. I saw 3x more forenza there then in phx.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the club. My girl's the same way, always complaining. But its all good when I put on some Something Corporate she gets happy again.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Logikalone said:
Welcome to the club. My girl's the same way, always complaining. But its all good when I put on some Something Corporate she gets happy again.
My gf pretty good though, untill I started having engine problems the exhaust didn't have that tone that hurt her head and she liked it. Every time I work on my car that isn't late when she's gotta get up early she always helps me and loves doin' it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts