Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to talk to someone that works in suzuki parts. I know I could easily call the dealership but....I prefer speaking to someone from the forum.

either call me @ 631 398 9538
or email me [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
12,193 Posts
Here's how forums work - you post a question - someone posts a response.

I'm not going to call you and I'm not going to email you, but, if you need a part number and you're willing to tell me what vehicle you have and what part you need, I can probably look it up for you.

And just so you understand - if you had posted the details - this response just might have had the information you needed.

Or - you can do your own lookup at SouthWest Suzuki, or call them, or email them - and no, I don't work in Suzuki parts or for a dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I wanted to know where or if I could buy air bags for an 03 Aerio cheaper than what the dealer is asking.

Here's my situation... The car was in an accident....It was deemed as salvage due to the fact that the replacement of the airbags cost more or about the same as the value of the car (which is BS). I purchased some used airbags (never been deployed) online. I went for the salvage inspection....everything passed and cleard OK....BUT they need to see a receipt saying that the air bags were purchased "NEW". I really don't want to cough up close to $2400+ for new airbags. So....If I can find either some where to purchase them much cheaper OR find a way to get a bogus receipt just to show that they're new....I could get my salvage title. Its a great car...I dont plan on selling it...I'm still driving it now...but the registration is up in October...and I need to pass the Salvage inspection in order to re-register the car...(STUPID NY LAWS)
So I need help....

·
Super Moderator
17,608 Posts
Even if your new (or used) bags haven't been deployed, what about the vehicle's inertial (impact) trigger mechanism that activates them? Is IT compromised? :huh:

You're potentially playing with your own life, or that of your passenger here.:(

You need a certified professional installation / repair with a "they'll work if you need em' " pedigree, IMO.

That, and I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a Zuk counter person's knowledge on the subject, even if you DO find one willing to put his arse on the line.

·
Super Moderator
12,193 Posts
SouthWest Suzuki Motors has them, should cost you less than $2000 for the two - I'm not even going to go near the rest of your question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even if your new (or used) bags haven't been deployed, what about the vehicle's inertial (impact) trigger mechanism that activates them? Is IT compromised? :huh:

You're potentially playing with your own life, or that of your passenger here.:(

You need a certified professional installation / repair with a "they'll work if you need em' " pedigree, IMO.

That, and I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a Zuk counter person's knowledge on the subject, even if you DO find one willing to put his arse on the line.
I replaced that device as well. It was hooked up to their system and everything checked out as fully functional.

BUT....thank you anyway for your help and insight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts